Thoughts On Mm Movie

Rate this topic

I know we talk about his alot and i do recieve info about the fourthcoming MM movie but to me it seems there just might be a Season 4 if the movie is successful. Since 2001 and 2002 Lance and Chris been hinting of a project with vague answers. Well its 2005 and season 3 will be released here in Sept. I think we might see some movement 4-6 months after the season 3 release. I would like to see a season 4 continue on either HBO or Showtime. If Chris is commited to the series fulltime then we will see a chracter driven series with episodes that dont end in a hour but during the whole series. This is only my thoughts

I know we talk about his alot and i do recieve info about the fourthcoming MM movie but to me it seems there just might be a Season 4 if the movie is successful.  Since 2001 and 2002 Lance and Chris been hinting of a project with vague answers.  Well its 2005 and season 3 will be released here in Sept.  I think we might see some movement 4-6 months after the season 3 release.  I would like to see a season 4 continue on either HBO or Showtime.  If Chris is commited to the series fulltime then we will see a chracter driven series with episodes that dont end in a hour but during the whole series.  This is only my thoughts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder what effect the forthcoming MMA web-movie will have? :praying:

Guest lonegungrrly1121

I would love season 4 and/or a movie more than anything, but I think that 1013 (as usual) have left it too long. I mean, if it was going to carry on exactly where season 3 left off, then how would they explain Brittany Tiplady being a lot older (as well as Frank!)

I think the audience is still there, but I can't help but feel that CC and 1013 are just playing with us... :ouro:

this show has the most dedicated and imagintive fan base ever, even after so long. we deserve season 4 dammit!

• Elders (Admins)
I know we talk about his alot and i do recieve info about the fourthcoming MM movie but to me it seems there just might be a Season 4 if the movie is successful.  Since 2001 and 2002 Lance and Chris been hinting of a project with vague answers.  Well its 2005 and season 3 will be released here in Sept.  I think we might see some movement 4-6 months after the season 3 release.  I would like to see a season 4 continue on either HBO or Showtime.  If Chris is commited to the series fulltime then we will see a chracter driven series with episodes that dont end in a hour but during the whole series.  This is only my thoughts

The forthcoming movie? [Rolls in his sickbed]

I don't know how you can state there is a forthcoming movie, as much as we'd all like to see one, this simply isn't true. All we have are unfounded chinese whispers from third parties and uncredited sources surrounding public comments about how certain people such as Lance Henriksen and Chris Carter would like to see a movie happen, no disrespect intended Joe.

I agree the time would be right to release such a creation after the series has received its final US release although we must surely realise that a big screen movie adaption would never appeal to the masses and would only have the support of its 'ticket purchasing' fans in the majority. The crossover episode did little to promote the Millennium series with X-Files fans although some were obviously curious to come take a look.

I think we should refrain from spreading rumours (good intentions aside) and only state facts. It could be very confusing for new Members who visit and could be given the wrong impression that a movie has been announced.

Personally I hold the hope that one day Carter would persuade a network to fund a Ten Thirteen produced return to the series that would expand on the first 3 seasons and address the concerns of the cast, crew and fans to become once again something we could cherish. Perhaps Frank and Jordan (as a junior consultant) both working for a redefined Millennium Group.

Guest ZeusFaber
I know we talk about his alot and i do recieve info about the fourthcoming MM movie but to me it seems there just might be a Season 4 if the movie is successful.

As nice as that would be, I think it is very unlikely.

A show returning to the air with a follow-up season is virtually unheard of. The only example I know of is "Family Guy", and that is an animated show that was saved from cancellation fairly quickly after the axe.

To make a new season of a live-action, dramatic series after six years would be barely within the realms of extreme possibility.

If MM were ever to return to TV, unlikely as that is in the first place, it would more likely be in the form of a mini-series or new revivial limited series.

As for a MM movie, if 20th Century Fox wont sign off on a new X-Files movie, then I hardly think they would do so for MM.

Sorry to be so downbeat, but I think that's just the reality of the industry today.

Guest ZeusFaber
I would love season 4 and/or a movie more than anything, but I think that 1013 (as usual) have left it too long .... I can't help but feel that CC and 1013 are just playing with us...

It's unfair to blame CC and 1013. If it were solely up to them we'd probably have 5-7 seasons of MM on TV and a movie too.

It's FOX who have robbed us of a S4 and aren't up for a movie.

sorry for using forthcoming, like i said its all speculation on my part. Please forgive me :m_yes:

i just tend to think something is going on at 1013 productions even though i dont have the facts. Hopefully we will hear something towards the end of 2005, and if i am right......everyone owes me big! :dj: