"roosters"

Rate this topic

Guest OfRedEarth

Guest zombieromero

From what I can remember its all silent whilst he is getting killed. An opera song is playing when they bury The Old Man though, its "Robert Wagner's Prelude to Parsifal" if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and welcome to TIWWA!

From what I can remember its all silent whilst he is getting killed. An opera song is playing when they bury The Old Man though, its "Robert Wagner's Prelude to Parsifal" if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and welcome to TIWWA!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you are right, initially the Old Man remarks that he has never listened to Parsifal in its entirety because its over 5 hours long. Later, when Gunther arrives and goes to the basement, there is no music then or during the struggle. So there is nothing wrong with the cd you have...

I have to stop here because i could get carried away on whether the Old Man knew of the plot to kill him or not...Guenther was absolutely silent in his approach to the Old Man, yet he reaches up just as the knife is coming down, as if he was awake, hiding his eyes under the shadow of his hat...

• 4 years later...

Woot, restarting old thread. I'm on my Owls/Roosters fix tonight, so I figured I'd throw in something here too.

From what I can tell, the music stops playing while The Old Man (fondly being referred to here on out as TOM) was finishing his conversation with Lara in Frank's basement, when he goes "I've seen the end of the world". All we hear are the crickets and the sounds of Lara's feet going up the stairs, the clicking of the light switch, and the shutting of the door. When it pans over to the tape recorder, it seems like it is already off, instead of playing all the way through (unless that conversation between TOM and Lara was supposed to be five hours long), but we never see him turn it off during said convo (His hands are always doing something else, i.e. adjusting his hat).

And Guenther wasn't completely silent, a squeaking door can wake up a light sleeper, and considering TOM lived out in a cabin, anything loud could have woken him up. And one or two footsteps were loud, but I'm just being nit-picky here. Now that I look at it, it almost seems like TOM is smiling in his "sleep" (around 33:33 the left side of his mouth twitches). Plus, could Guenther have been anymore loud when he withdrew the dagger (nice blade by the way). I think it became apparent TOM was awake when he got his own knife (which looks like mine ironically) ready to skewer the assassin... Did I get carried away yet?

Nit pick away Who Am I, I'm in agreement. I am sure that he knew his physical end was near, and I believe he welcomed it. Tom either knew a lot about his spiritual destiny, or just gave up the ghost by faith. I believe he knew.

I believe Tom and Lara were together for the 5 hours because they both knew he was going to die, and for all we know they knew what time. Her angel could have given her the news, and I'm sure the Tom already knew. After all, he was The Old Man, the leader of the MLM Group, and through his death he did reunited the group. I believe he knew that his death would reunite them, so he willingly became the ultimate sacrifice. And, he could have planned it all, for his death to have significance. Remember, he did say "he had already 'seen the end of the world' when Rudolph Axmann had his parents gassed at Auschwitz." No significance there, just pure evil, and a subject Tom was an authority on.

My only question is why did it have to be in Frank's house? Why there and not somewhere else that wouldn't become so tainted. Sure it gave the storyline a new twist, but there had to have been a reason as to why he chose Frank's house. At least it was in the basement and not upstairs, but still. :confused::ouroborous:

I haven't worshiped Season 3 like I do 1 and 2, but I have to admit, its ironic that in both of Frank's houses in 1 and 2, someone dies in the basement. Does anyone know if this happens in 3?

I don't remember the death of anyone close to Frank happening in season 3, and thankful it didn't, except for believing he and Emma found Cheryl Andrews' remains in "Skull and Bones." I believe it was her remains no matter what "proof" Peter had that it wasn't. 3 times would not have been a charm anyway. Frank did almost lose Jordan in "Borrowed Time." Almost everything, if not all, that happened in season 3 was away from home somewhere except in "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury," when Jordan has visions associated with a new family in the neighborhood. Nor does Frank even own the yellow house anymore. There were new people shown living there in "The Sound of Snow," and they had painted it another color. In that episode, he went to the house and had a vision of Catherine, who walked out of the door, down the steps, and walked past him. This to me was a silent way of her telling Frank to leave, that there's nothing of them left in the house.

There's always been a controvery over the possible death of Peter Watts, but they never showed his face, so it could have been the mabius, or anyone else for that matter. Frank was never very close to Peter, especially after he came to his home, and also waited for Frank at Jordan's school. I think then Frank lost all respect for him, but was there for him when Peter's daughter was kidnapped in "Collateral Damage." And, Franks heart went out to the group member who was dying in "Bardo Thodol," but is wasn't at Frank's home, thank God. And then there's the episode "Seven and One," where Frank sees his own death in a series of Polaroids, while everyone else thinks he having a nervous breakdown.

Oh how I love this show. :ouroborous:

Frank got part of his face ripped off in a basement in a "dream" in Saturn Dreaming of Mercury! The rest of season was relatively "basement-free," unless you want to consider an abandoned missile silo as a basement, but nobody was killed there. There was a storm basement in in Through a Glass Darkly, where the girl was kept.

Barry Baldwin got killed in season 3. Granted he was played as a jerk for most of the season, but I think that changed at the end of the season.

:rock2:

• 1 year later...