Launch Of New Selfosophy Website!

Rate this topic

I'd like to announce the launching of a new site by my beloved friend, Selfosophy Psycho. Graham made a wonderful announcement of it on MDUK, which I'll paste here as well. (thanks, Graham! :bigsmile: )

_thb_Screenshot004.jpg

Millennium Desktop is excited to announce the launch of the new and improved "official website" of the Selfosophy Institute. In true "1013 style" the spoof site's owner and creator, Scott L. Pugliese (a.k.a Selfosophy Psycho) chose to launch the website today "in celebration of J. Onan Goopta's Birthday, as well as the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the Selfosophy Institute." Scott explains it is just one small part of the spoof elements he has developed for the fictitious history of Selfosophy, inspired by the satirical spirit of the 2nd season Millennium episode, "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense." Scott been working hard, composing the material for the website, off and on, over the course of the past three years

_thb_Screenshot066.jpg

The new website currently includes individual pages for Selfimonials (testimonials), a biographical sketch of Onan Goopta and the Institute, Positive Negation, Positivics (Neuro-Positivic Programming), and Selfosophical Therapies. There are several pages set aside for Selfosophical Therapies, in order to cover the "complexity and confidentiality" of Selfosophical spiritual belief and practice. He already has several more pages in the works and several others planned for in the future, including (but not limited to): Goopta Yoga, Fat Negation, Goopta Bangra, Selfosophy's Hierarchy, Anti-Selfosophists, the NeurOmega Course, Upbeat Links to organizations and personalities that support the "positive thinking" ideals and/or "self-helpful practices" of Selfosophy, and much, much more!

_thb_Screenshot018.jpg

In discussions with Scott, he stated that the website is full of 1013 and Millennium references and caveats in the spirit of what he calls "1013 style." See if you can spot them. You will also be seeing some familiar faces, turning up at the website in future pages of the site, in keeping with the Doomsday episode's use of images of David Duchovny, as well as name-anagrams similar to that of Bobby Wingood (Robert Goodwin of the 1013 crew).

The site is very funny, spoofing all sorts of self-help, motivational, religious, and pseudo-scientific organizations, personalities, and programs. Scott invites you to "take what you want and leave the rest," sarcastically referencing a hackneyed slogan of 12-step programs.

_thb_Screenshot097.jpg

Visit the Selfosophy Institute website today, and (as the Positive Negation page says) make your appointment with destiny!

Thank you for the announcement here at TIWWA, Erin! And many thanks to Gra for posting an great article at Millennium Desktop! I am glad to have finally launched the site. It has been a real pleasure writing the material and building the site. But, a lot of work as well. It is partly the reason that I haven't been very active at TIWWA since I officially returned. It will be nice to sit back for a bit, and enjoy some discussions. I have been viewing the full run of the series since I got the box set last winter, and have had all kinds of ideas for topics, but not the time to throw them out there. I hope everyone enjoys my new website.

Fantastic! Brilliant! Awesome! Cool! As you can tell I like it lol! Good stuff.

Thanks for the compliments, ZR! Glad you like it! Anything in particular that you liked? Or was it the overall impact? I would be greatful for specific feedback or just some discussion of specific things you found funny.

Many thanks.

Upbeat Vibes,

Selfo

Well, Selfo....I can say that, IMO, what strikes me first-hand is that it looks like a professional website for some kind of self-help group! :signlol:

You know the saying that sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction? Well, sometimes, it's funnier, too! :wtf:

Congradulations on a great job, my dear. All your hard works definatly shows! :Congrats::clapping:

• Elders (Moderators)

It's fantastic! :ta_clap: Thank you so much for creating it, Selfo. I wish I had more time right now to really get into it, but you can be sure I'll do that later. Congratulations!

Guest chrisnu

This is the best site in the history of the Internet. :fool:

My favorites were Neuro-Positivic Programming® and the Selfimonial of D. Franklin Elderberry. Riotous!

Its full of upbeat vibes! How about an online shop where you can but Onanograms! I could do with one on how to perform 5 minute forum upgrades without losing any more hair!

Awwww.....Upbeat hugs! :grouphug:

Well, Selfo....I can say that, IMO, what strikes me first-hand is that it looks like a professional website for some kind of self-help group! :signlol:

You know the saying that sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction? Well, sometimes, it's funnier, too! :wtf:

Congradulations on a great job, my dear. All your hard works definatly shows! :Congrats::clapping:

Thanks, Erin!

Yes, I tried to give it the look of a "legitamate" website for a real organization in the hopes of being true to the feel of it being an actually organization in the Doomsday ep. I also hoped that the "real" look to it would add to the humourous impact.

May I say thank you to you for your encouragement of my forging ahead with the site over the past few years.

Selfo

It's fantastic! :ta_clap: Thank you so much for creating it, Selfo. I wish I had more time right now to really get into it, but you can be sure I'll do that later. Congratulations!

You are very welcome DBSD! Thank you for the compliments. Don't worry, the site will still be there when you have time... well, as long as I don't have to deal with the legal department of a certain Hollywood religious sect! LOL! Enjoy! And be sure to give me your comments, feedpack, suggestions, etc if you would please, when you have a chance to dig into the site.

Love your screen name, btw! :wink:

Regards,

Selfo