Yellow House

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Given that the yellow house had to change from the one they used in the pilot, this isn't really one of those fun things the wacky people at 1013 do. But it was pretty strange catching the second X-Files episode of season 1 (when they were still filming in Vancouver) on TV today and being completely taken out of the episode when seeing the house of the missing Air Force jet pilot:

post-118-1132513826_thumb.jpg

The colour is different (of course) and the garden had tall shrubs, possibly to screen the next-door house when filming, but a lot of the other aspects of the house look the same.

Of course, it may not actually be the same house, but it was pretty "spooky" seeing this house in an X-Files episode - especially as it's supposed to be near Ellens Air Base in Idaho!

Given that the yellow house had to change from the one they used in the pilot, this isn't really one of those fun things the wacky people at 1013 do. But it was pretty strange catching the second X-Files episode of season 1 (when they were still filming in Vancouver) on TV today and being completely taken out of the episode when seeing the house of the missing Air Force jet pilot:

post-118-1132513826_thumb.jpg

The colour is different (of course) and the garden had tall shrubs, possibly to screen the next-door house when filming, but a lot of the other aspects of the house look the same.

Of course, it may not actually be the same house, but it was pretty "spooky" seeing this house in an X-Files episode - especially as it's supposed to be near Ellens Air Base in Idaho!

Libby...if i remember correctly, Carter, in the special features interview in S1 says its the same house, in fact, i believe they do a split screen to show how the same house was made to look different for both MillenniuM and X-files...

someone correct me if i am wrong...thanks

The Fourth Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

You're absolutely right, 4H. In fact, I transcribed that, so you'd think I'd have remembered it!

I've just found the relevant bit in the transcript posted here on the Board:

Chris Carter:

We were shut out and had to go find another house in another neighbourhood, which was actually a house that I had used in the second episode of the X-Files, strangely enough.

I tell you, I'm beginning to have doubts about my memory! (Only joking - considering the number of transcripts I've either done myself or edited others, I'm not really surprised that I don't remember everything.)

Thanks for the reminder, 4H.

You're absolutely right, 4H. In fact, I transcribed that, so you'd think I'd have remembered it!

I've just found the relevant bit in the transcript posted here on the Board:

Chris Carter:

We were shut out and had to go find another house in another neighbourhood, which was actually a house that I had used in the second episode of the X-Files, strangely enough.

I tell you, I'm beginning to have doubts about my memory! (Only joking - considering the number of transcripts I've either done myself or edited others, I'm not really surprised that I don't remember everything.)

Thanks for the reminder, 4H.

Libby..lets make a pact...i'll be there for you in your old age, and you be there for me as well..LOL....