Polaroid Stalker

Rate this topic

Guest Heath328

The Pink Floyd song "Pigs on the Wing" is now running through my head ...

I really think you're on to something with the pigs idea, Ethsnafu. I had vaguely noticed that there were many porcine references littered throughout, but my mind had never tied them together the way you did.

It really ties in well with the biblical account of Legion and the swine driven over the side of a cliff. The manifestations of Legion, like the swine, generally "run off the cliff" at the conclusion of an episode (like "The Judge").

• 4 months later...
Guest Estrella_16

Hi everyone. There's one thought that I can't get out from my head even though I'm currently watching season 3 and I know what's happened to Catherine's character.

The most disturbing sequence in the scene where she's all tied up, for me, was a single word: beheaded. I don't know why it had such an impact on me, may be cause of the knife PS was playing around...but then when watchin the opening sequence of MM, did u notice the woman with no head? That woman had ALWAYS reminded me of Catherine...cause she seems to have curly hair LOL. So everytime I watched the opening, since TBATE, I remember of the lil encounter btween "Cathy" (him calling her like that is just awsomly disturbing too...!) and the Polaroid Stalker.

just a thought, if anyone is still reading this thread hehe ;)

TBATE was what really got me to closer attention to MillenniuM, in part due to the excellent portrayal of the Polaroid Stalker by Doug Hutchinson. Creepy and so well done! Too bad he was never referred to again or appeared in a flashback (ok I suppose he did in Anamnesis (sp?)) or something as the series went on.

Right now, Doug's appeared on Lost last season as a one of the Dharma Initiative leaders, and will reprise his role in an upcoming episode via a flashback (dealing with Locke's (Terry O'Quinn) past). Can't wait!

That's just wonderful news 'Wolves' do you know the episode number? I believe 4x09 is a Sayid/Ben Flash Forward? A Terry and Doug onscreen pairing is a reason for even non-Losties to tune in that night.

I shall see if I can find an airdate for everyone.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest SouthernCelt
That's just wonderful news 'Wolves' do you know the episode number? I believe 4x09 is a Sayid/Ben Flash Forward? A Terry and Doug onscreen pairing is a reason for even non-Losties to tune in that night.

Best wishes,

Eth

Since the character played by Doug was a victim of the Ben-led gassing and extermination and Terry (Locke) didn't get to the island until the plane went down (or so we've been led to believe), it'll really be a stretch to have the plot show anything where Doug and Terry are together. More than likely, Terry will be hearing about Ben's take on the original Dharma work...but that's my guess...and I been proved wrong on guesses before.

Since the character played by Doug was a victim of the Ben-led gassing and extermination and Terry (Locke) didn't get to the island until the plane went down (or so we've been led to believe), it'll really be a stretch to have the plot show anything where Doug and Terry are together. More than likely, Terry will be hearing about Ben's take on the original Dharma work...but that's my guess...and I been proved wrong on guesses before.
Gosh Wayne, i guess you watch LOST? LOL...thats ok, i am the same way about Gene Simmons Family Jewels...

4th Horseman

I concur my friend,

But as Lost now features 'Flash Forward' and 'Flash Back' scenes within the confines of the same episode it is still possible for them to share an episode if not a scene which I believe is how the next Locke-centric epsiode is depicted. It is also worth pointing out that Charlie, Boone, Ana Lucia, Yemi and Libby have had scenes in realtime after their deaths so a Doug and Terry scene is wholly possible I guess.

Either way seeing them both in one episode is reason enough for me to buy extra beer that night.

By the way, for those who share our Lostie passion the big Terry epsiode in question is 'Cabin Fever' scheduled to air on Thursday May 8th!

Till then "See you on the other side brother!"

Eth

Best wishes,

Eth

I should've probably said this is mere speculation/rumors about exactly HOW the episode will play out...as SouthernCelt wrote, Horace Goodspeed (Doug's charcter) appeared only in a Ben Linus flashback and also was part of the causalities leading up to the present day Lost storyline. So it seems unlikely that Terry and Doug will share any of the same scenes...though never count out the Lost writers to somehow bring back a dead character in some way, shape or form!

It seems to me the "Doug" episode will be 4x11 "Cabin Fever", though I can't be sure. What I've seen so far "concretely" about the episode is the guest cast list, which has many characters from Locke's past, including his mother and grandmother...and Horace Goodspeed (Doug)...and a character playing a physical therapist as well as "other" Richard Alpert (played by Nestor Carbonell). Some has speculated that maybe Horace was there at Locke's birth? I just got to thinking that maybe Richard and Horace were at the hospital while Locke was undergoing physical therapy after his fall and paralysis. Regardless, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode (4x09) and the upcoming one dealing with Locke. Season 4 has really turned out IMHO to be the best of the series so far!

Hi Wolves

Given that every member of 815 encountered one or more of their fellow passengers before they officially met for the first time on the plane it would be in keeping with tradition if they were to depict Horace and Locke in an encounter 10 years before the crash ever happened. Desmond never 'encountered' Libby on the island and she was killed before he featured as a main character but it was revealed they had met years earlier pre-crash. The same goes for Ana Lucia who met Christian Shepherd even though he died before her inclusion as a regular character and there's also Juliet meeting Ethan in the same manner so there's no reason why Doug's character could not encounter Locke in an off-island flashback to a time before his days on the island.

Oh the sweet possibilities,

Rock on Season Four

Eth

Guest SouthernCelt

Yes, there's a lot of detail being developed this season...just wish the writers' strike hadn't put such a dent in the continuity of the episodes. My hope is that we find out more about the apparent past civilization that built the gargantuan statues which are now pretty much demolished. I'm presuming that whatever remains of that civilization's "city" is where the remaining Others have take refuge. I want to know what makes that location such a refuge which seems to not have been suitable for a HQ site otherwise.