All the Millennium Groups

Rate this topic

All the Millennium Groups  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Picking only one, I'd have to go with Roosters. My reason is that I have to believe there is a power or intelligence in the universe that I'll call God for want of a better term. That power set things in motion, including the dichotomy of forces we call good and evil. Whether that power interacts with or drives specfic people, events, etc. I can't say, although I think such interaction is definitely possible.

Ah, SC, you are indeed a person after my own heart! I must join you here if I may. BTW, it's kinda weird, your post previous to mine here showed up as a 'New Post'; however, it is time stamped just over a year ago... Strange... So, I am assuming the stamp is wrong and that you may have just commented on this. In any case, I like your explanation as to why you choose The Roosters; I feel you stated it in a very balanced way.

It will be interesting indeed to find out...

Soon... :oneeyedwinK

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I can shed some light on that - its when someone votes in the Poll, we have it set to show polls in the new posts results when someone votes in them to promote them and generate a higher response. So the date is correct, but someone voted, bumping the topic.

I was just reading through the choices and its interesting that Owls and Roosters lead, my own choice was Owls for reasons explained in one of the previous posts. I can't remember for the life of me who the Family were though and which episode they appeared in! I tried searching the transcripts but couldn't find a match either. Somebody prod me! :pokey:

Hi,

I can shed some light on that - its when someone votes in the Poll, we have it set to show polls in the new posts results when someone votes in them to promote them and generate a higher response. So the date is correct, but someone voted, bumping the topic.

I was just reading through the choices and its interesting that Owls and Roosters lead, my own choice was Owls for reasons explained in one of the previous posts. I can't remember for the life of me who the Family were though and which episode they appeared in! I tried searching the transcripts but couldn't find a match either. Somebody prod me! :pokey:

Weren't they the ones in 'Anamnesis'? The ones who believed that the girl was the decendent of Jesus and Mary Magdelene? I don't think it was the Roosters specifically who were behind that; wasn't that 'The Family', or am I confusing them with another group in another episode...???

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, you could be right. I searched Anamnesis and found this reference:

[The corridor. She eventually leaves the restroom and suddenly stops upon hearing Lara's voice. She sees Lara talking with Peter Watts at the bottom of a stairwell.]

LARA: She's formidable, Peter.

WATTS: And him? What about him?

LARA: Arrived July 2nd, 1982.

WATTS: The day she was born.

[Catherine listens more closely to their conversation.]

LARA: Having confirmed that a member of The Family is here, Peter, I'm doubting my ability to merely stand by.

WATTS: When Darwin published his theory of evolution and natural selection, people lost faith. Some committed suicide.

LARA: Are you saying we face that possibility now?

WATTS: Just remember why you're here.

[Lara looks downward.]

WATTS: Is Catherine's presence a problem?

LARA: No. She'd never believe in what we know.

[Catherine steps back and ponders the exchange that just took place.]

Later this:

[polaroid fade up]

[The police station. Ben Fisher is sitting at a table in a bleak room, saved only by the sunlight shining through a few small windows. Across from him sits Lara Means.]

BEN: (constantly composed) Did you check the church for a projector? It would be easy to set something like that up.

LARA: I know who you are.

BEN: Then we're even. Since The Millennium Group and The Family split, this is our first time knocking heads with you people. And honestly, I am not that impressed. I expected someone more formidable, instead I get a candidate fumbling in the dark, so obviously afraid. Not only of what she knows, but of what she doesn't know.

LARA: I know enough to recognize that the role that you're playing is a lie. That your only agenda is that of The Family.

BEN: My only agenda is to help Clare understand who she is.

LARA: (scoffs) You're her selfless, pious guardian is that it? Hmm?

BEN: You're angry.

LARA: (tersely) Damn right I am. You are taking advantage of a …

BEN: Be honest Miss Means – you're angry because you're jealous. Imagine, at fifteen, to have had someone completely understand you, someone to explain. What is it you see? Angels? Demons? The future?

[Lara doesn't respond.]

BEN: Angels, then. But your angel's abandoned you, hasn't he? You've been without his guidance ever since you came into this town. You fear him, but you rely on him, but he's afraid – afraid of the presence of a higher power.

LARA: (curious) The Magdalene? I, I need to know.

BEN: You lied before, you don't know anything about me.

[Lara looks away.]

BEN: They won't be able to hold me, you know.

[Lara rolls her eyes and starts to get up. She hesitates as Ben begins speaking again.]

BEN: "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

[Lara stares at Ben with ferocity and leaves the room.]

Another reference and possible explanation:

LARA: Fisher was here for a reason. Tradition and our research confirms that descendants of the Merovingian Dynasty, The Family, whose job it is to protect the Holy Grail – bear this mark, like Ben Fisher. (taps the photograph) A thousand years ago, The Millennium Group and The Family shared a vision – over time that vision changed. Inevitably prompting a split between the two groups.

[Catherine looks down at two DNA reports: SHROUD OF TURIN: CASE NO. 88534 and CLARE MCKENNA: CASE NO. 98521.]

CATHERINE: The Shroud of Turin was carbon-dated and found to be from the fourteenth century.

LARA: Some believe that Clare McKenna is the descendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.

[Lara slides the two transparent reports over each other and Catherine watches in amazement as they line up.]

LARA: Whom he took as his apostle, his witness, and his wife.

CATHERINE: Who believes that? The Family? The Group?

LARA: Someone has to decide whether or not to release this information to the world. If you think that's an easy burden to live with, you are very, very wrong.

LARA: (stifling tears) But this is what I do. "This is who we are."

[Lara hands the folder and documents over to Catherine.]

CATHERINE: Why are you giving this to me?

LARA: Maybe I don't trust The Group enough to believe that they should be holding all the cards. (smiles) I guess now it's your deal.

[Lara walks out of the room.]

Its been quite some time since I saw this episode and now that I've read Dan Browns The Davinci Code I can see there is a lot more to what this episode is about. So The Family were a faction of the Millennium Group at some point in history and seperated to track down and preserve the bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdeline, Clare being a descendant of that bloodline? New topic required!

Thanks, you could be right. I searched Anamnesis and found this reference:

Later this:

Another reference and possible explanation:

Its been quite some time since I saw this episode and now that I've read Dan Browns The Davinci Code I can see there is a lot more to what this episode is about. So The Family were a faction of the Millennium Group at some point in history and seperated to track down and preserve the bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdeline, Clare being a descendant of that bloodline? New topic required!

Ah, very well done Oh Great One :notworthy:

It is nice to be right sometimes... :bigsmile:

Awesome references here, thanks! It's kinda neat too, with 'Anamnesis' being one of my favorite episodes and all... As a matter of fact, these fascinating references to 'The Family' and the neat history between them and The Group were some of the elements that made the episode so appealing to me.

• Elders (Admins)

I must commence a Millennium viewing asap! I'm obviously out of touch!

This is a subtle but quite important factoid. Very cool but never really discussed.

I'll be sure to add this group (The Family) to our new episode guide's list of factions.

You should join the project team, its obvious you really love the show and like discussing it!

I must commence a Millennium viewing asap! I'm obviously out of touch!

This is a subtle but quite important factoid. Very cool but never really discussed.

I'll be sure to add this group (The Family) to our new episode guide's list of factions.

You should join the project team, its obvious you really love the show and like discussing it!

Yes! I agree 100% We could use someone like you!

Yes! I agree 100% We could use someone like you!

Well, that is extremely kind of both of you to say; however, in all honesty, MANY others here have shown far more extensive knowledge than myself concerning the entire series. You just happened to stumble upon my favorite episode :bigsmile: Thanks though! :yes:

So how can we persuade you to write a review for it or share some background info? LOL! :wiggle::pokey::pokey::pokey:

Maybe a more gentle approach..... :kissypoo:

(still, I don't know enough about The Family, or The Trust to say which catagory I'd fall into here. All I really know about is Owls and Roosters.... (and Selfosophists....of course! :kissypoo::makingeyes: )