Live Millennium Chat...

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Fellow Millennium fans,

I believe that many TIWWA members may want to engage in Live Chat with other TIWWA members after visiting or during their visit to TIWWA, so to make it easier I've now inserted a link direct to the Live Chat Room.

If you want to drop into the Live Chat Room, please feel free to click the Enter the LIVE CHAT Room link which is located as indicated below:

member_bar.JPG

I know there are some TIWWA members who like to visit the Chat Room, so this should help.

Also, the Chat Room has recently been redesigned to better fit in with TIWWA's look and feel.

See you in Frank's Basement...!

Regards,

Graham.  :ouro:

• Elders (Moderators)

Dumb question, probably, Gra, but do we need to use the same login details (name, password, etc.) for the chat room as we do for TIWWA?

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Libby, I apologise for the confusion.

No, the Chat Room is actually the same Chat Room on my Millennium site, MDUK.

You don't have to create a new Username or Password and you don't need to use your TIWWA ones either.

The facility exists only to reserve a Username and to create a Profile to stop other people pretending to be you when they are not! I've not known this to happen but if you want you can register in the Chat Room and this will reserve your Chatroom User Name strictly for you.

I usually just click on the Enter Chat button to drop in, as I can never remember the password I used to set up my user name!

To be honest Libby, it's not the best Chat Room I've ever seen but it's included in the package from my webhost and as it's written in PHP, it doesn't place a big load on their server and hog loads of bandwidth. I believe I was the first to figure out how to customise it and so supplied a guide on their Support Forums. Go figure!

Regards,

Graham.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks for the explanation, Gra. I've just tried it by just putting "Libby" in as my user name and hitting the chat button - and it works! - just like you said.

Of course, there was no-one else there  :cry:  but at least I know now how to get into it.

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Libby,

Yes that's the problem I have in that a lot of users are in the US so they're mostly asleep when I drop by in the morning or they are in there when I'm tucked up in bed! :snore:

However you can drop in if you see other users online at TIWWA if you wish...

Graham.  :;):

....i think you did a helluva job "MILLENNIALIZING" the chat room! :eyebrows_big:       .....thank you kindly oh wacky brit :thankx-big:              

~se7en :Ouro_Large:

• Elders (Admins)
....i think you did a helluva job "MILLENNIALIZING" the chat room! :eyebrows_big:       .....thank you kindly oh wacky brit :thankx-big:              

~se7en :Ouro_Large:

LOL! Thanks man! I think!

Regards,

Wacky Limey.  :ouro:

Graham,

Thank you SO MUCH!  I have tried to get the chat room to work for months, with no luck.  Scott even tried to help me for an hour one night.  No luck.  I was signed up, and he could see I was logged in, but nothing would happen!  I just tried it now, and it worked perfectly!  Must have been that pesky ol' AO HELL again! :devil01:  I must admit to talking to myself too, for a while.  We'll have to come up with a time when we all can meet up!

Anyway, thanks again! :bye-big:

RavenWolf