MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Guest TheSunKing1972

Guest TheSunKing1972

Now that I know that "Goodbye To all That" wasn't supposed to be the shows conclusion, I am wondering if they had any of the next season already produced? They had to have some scripts ready to go....

Any way, maybe this is just another thing we can :praying_big: for when they finally release the series on DVD :frank_black:

• Elders (Moderators)

From what I understand, there were some very strong indicators before the end of the Season 3 that the show wouldn't get renewed. I think in those circumstances most shows aim for an ending that would serve as an end to that particular season/series or as a final episode of the show.

Even if the show had been renewed for a fourth season, the writers and producers wouldn't have got together to plan things until probably late June of that year. They might well have already had some thoughts for a possible Season 4, but ordinarily no scripts would have been produced before the end of Season 3. They might have had some outlines or plans to put to Fox executives as part of their strategy to get the show renewed, but that would be all.

I did hear a rumour that the show fell out of favour quite considerably with some Fox execs to the extent that they wouldn't even talk about the show amongst themselves. I've been doing some browsing through the archives of alt.tv.millennium and someone posted towards the end of Season 3 that MM's ratings were actually better than shows on other networks such as Buffy then on the WB. I'm not too familiar with what comparisons anyone can make between ratings on Fox versus the WB, but I do wonder how much of the reason for MM's cancellation was due to the attitude of the suits at Fox.

However, to get back to your question about scripts for a possible Season 4, no I don't think any were produced. That's a great pity - I would love to know what stories they would have told if there had been a Season 4.

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

Oh, sorry, SunKing  :crying_big:

Anyway, why let a bit of reality get in the way of your dreams? Sometimes I find the best thing to do with reality is just ignore it - sometimes it even goes away when I do that.  :wink_big:

Libby

Guest TheSunKing1972
Ya know.....I will always have hope for more MillenniuM.  There's another tv show that died in it's 3rd season and made a return 20 years later. Star Trek (which I'm not a big fan of) came back in different forms...maybe that's what will happen with MillenniuM.....starring Jordan Black?   :wink_big:  who knows? :praying_big:  :frank_black:

Hey, Sun King, why not check out the Virtual Season 4!  It is 22 scripts of episode written by fans!  Did you know this existed?  If not, I hope you are pleasantly surprised!

Here's the link: T H E   V I R T U A L   F O U R T H   S E A S O N

I have read the first 3 or 4 episodes.  I really enjoyed them.  It was cool imagining Frank and the gang at it again.  The only thing I don't like is that they seem to go with the idea that Peter Watts was killed by the Group assasin at the end of S3.

Enjoy!

Scott

Guest Wellington

Hi

Yes indeed! I have been through this virtual season, and all the scripts dealing with the myth arc are great. The end was really good and well prepared. I wish it would have been the real S4!

Regards

Guest TheSunKing1972
Hey, Sun King, why not check out the Virtual Season 4!  It is 22 scripts of episode written by fans!  Did you know this existed?  If not, I hope you are pleasantly surprised!

Yeah Psycho...I knew about them, but thanks.  I just haven't looked at them.... because I have always planned on writing my own continuation of the show.

:thumbsup_big:  :frank_black:

.......... i read some,and while i wholeheartedly applaud the massive undertaking it must have been,it just didn'tprovide me with that almost unexplainable "millennial-magic".    ..................ah,well.

~se7en :ouro:

• 7 years later...

From what I understand, there were some very strong indicators before the end of the Season 3 that the show wouldn't get renewed. I think in those circumstances most shows aim for an ending that would serve as an end to that particular season/series or as a final episode of the show.

Even if the show had been renewed for a fourth season, the writers and producers wouldn't have got together to plan things until probably late June of that year. They might well have already had some thoughts for a possible Season 4, but ordinarily no scripts would have been produced before the end of Season 3. They might have had some outlines or plans to put to Fox executives as part of their strategy to get the show renewed, but that would be all.

I did hear a rumour that the show fell out of favour quite considerably with some Fox execs to the extent that they wouldn't even talk about the show amongst themselves. I've been doing some browsing through the archives of alt.tv.millennium and someone posted towards the end of Season 3 that MM's ratings were actually better than shows on other networks such as Buffy then on the WB. I'm not too familiar with what comparisons anyone can make between ratings on Fox versus the WB, but I do wonder how much of the reason for MM's cancellation was due to the attitude of the suits at Fox.

However, to get back to your question about scripts for a possible Season 4, no I don't think any were produced. That's a great pity - I would love to know what stories they would have told if there had been a Season 4.

Libby

Yes, believe the same fate also fell on Star Trek Enterprise, in that Paramount by that time had loathed all things Trek, but were willing to wince and shudder for one more season to get enough episodes to justify syndcation. Season 4 was awesome in my opinion. It's a shame that the writing was on the wall way before this.

Back to Millennium....

Frank Spotniz made a comment on a back to frank black podcast that the season three Millennium ratings were higher than what shows today have that get renewed for more seasons.

My impression with television filming is that they tend to have less time, rather than more time to work out finished products. Even if there were ideas in the brain, that's a long way from the airdate! Also to be boring and practical, the writers, etc, were probably focusing more on things they were getting paid for! I forget the guys name, but he was on the seaon 3 dvd saying that he was interviewing for other jobs after Morgan and Wong killed everyone with the plague, only to find out he STILL had a job with season three.

Even Lance said that he often was given two other scripts before shooting finished from the first one he had. The "crew" was sure they would be cancelled after season 2, so that may have helped explain the awkward start of the third season

:rock2: