Dennis Hoffman

Rate this topic

HighPlainsDrifter

I was watching Force Majeure last night for no paticular reason at all. THis is one of my unknown favs. As watching this epi. i was enjoying Brad Dourifs performance as Dennis Hoffman. Hoffman is mainly a odd little man, bordering crazy. My question is: Is Hoffman a part of the MilleniuM group or is he a consultant?

Hoffman seemed a little dillusional like Polariod Man that was also with MM group. Does the MM group like to employ these kind of odd quirky characters?

I was watching Force Majeure last night for no paticular reason at all. THis is one of my unknown favs. As watching this epi. i was enjoying Brad Dourifs performance as Dennis Hoffman. Hoffman is mainly a odd little man, bordering crazy. My question is: Is Hoffman a part of the MilleniuM group or is he a consultant?

Hoffman seemed a little dillusional like Polariod Man that was also with MM group. Does the MM group like to employ these kind of odd quirky characters?

Peter says in the episode that they used Dennis on a Zodiac cult case and also that once he found out about the group it took the group a year to get him off their back.

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

If I'm not mistaken, the group knew about the Polaroid man, and was keeping tabs on him, but he was not a member. As 4th Horseman mentions, Hoffman was a MM group wannabe, but not a group member.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i thought Polariod Man was a MM candidate

Hmm, I thought they were just keeping an eye on him. I remember Peter saying that the Polaroid Mans interest in Frank was due to his interest in the group, but I didn't think he was being considered as a candidate. Someone like the Old Man or Horseman will be along soon to set us straight though. I guess it is possible that PM was a candidate though because I remember when Frank was profiling him, he was talking to Catherine about the fact that he didn't have anything in his past that was going to give Frank anything to get a fix on him, so maybe the group didn't view PM as a whacko at that point.

Hmm, I thought they were just keeping an eye on him. I remember Peter saying that the Polaroid Mans interest in Frank was due to his interest in the group, but I didn't think he was being considered as a candidate. Someone like the Old Man or Horseman will be along soon to set us straight though. I guess it is possible that PM was a candidate though because I remember when Frank was profiling him, he was talking to Catherine about the fact that he didn't have anything in his past that was going to give Frank anything to get a fix on him, so maybe the group didn't view PM as a whacko at that point.
Yeah, this is one of the enigmas of character development...its obvious in reviewing the script that PM most definately had some kind of relationship with the Group. "His interest in you is because of our interest in you" says Peter, but then says "Thats all i can tell you"...obviously leaving it suggested that there was more...with that being said, and with the fact that he pins a pic of Catherine inside of an orobouros, I believe that it is inferred that he was a candidate gone terribly wrong...he most likely, similar to Frank, had some kind of gift we are not aware of. His knowledge of Revelation, etc is very extensive. Perhaps, as the professor in the Jose Chung episode was contacted for Nostradamus references by the Group, this was a similar situation with biblical prophecy. It could have allowed him (PM) to see the Groups intent of controlling world events when he tells Frank "You think you know me, but you dont them"....

Its all conjecture at this point, and whether or not he was a member depends on each individuals personal interpretation of the episode...I do believe though, and no one will convince me otherwise that he somehow had known Ed Kuffel because of the polaroid similarity....dont know if i have made myself very clear, but this is all i have time for now...

Here is the one intriguing line from the entire episode...PM is talking to Catherine in the basement and makes this statement..

Until recently, not a loner....

very interesting...dont you think??

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah, this is one of the enigmas of character development...its obvious in reviewing the script that PM most definately had some kind of relationship with the Group. "His interest in you is because of our interest in you" says Peter, but then says "Thats all i can tell you"...obviously leaving it suggested that there was more...with that being said, and with the fact that he pins a pic of Catherine inside of an orobouros, I believe that it is inferred that he was a candidate gone terribly wrong...he most likely, similar to Frank, had some kind of gift we are not aware of. His knowledge of Revelation, etc is very extensive. Perhaps, as the professor in the Jose Chung episode was contacted for Nostradamus references by the Group, this was a similar situation with biblical prophecy. It could have allowed him (PM) to see the Groups intent of controlling world events when he tells Frank "You think you know me, but you dont them"....

Its all conjecture at this point, and whether or not he was a member depends on each individuals personal interpretation of the episode...I do believe though, and no one will convince me otherwise that he somehow had known Ed Kuffel because of the polaroid similarity....dont know if i have made myself very clear, but this is all i have time for now...

Here is the one intriguing line from the entire episode...PM is talking to Catherine in the basement and makes this statement..

Until recently, not a loner....

very interesting...dont you think??

4th Horseman..

Thank you for the additional insight. I agree, they kind of leave the relationship between PM and the group a mystery but, like you said, the possibility that PM was once a candidate can't be ruled out completely.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I need to rewatch The Beginning and The End. I thought when they where looking at PM file that it mention him being a MM group candidate.

Another question i have: Are the clones in this episode have any correlation with the clones in The Innocents?

I think they are a completely different set of clones altogether, much like you (Joe M) and L@the are clones, and myself (MIB) and Brad Pitt are clones. See what I mean, both clones, but different pairs of clones. then of course, there are multiple sets of clones, like the ones in Force Majuere and Innocent as well as Mulders sister. Hope that answers your question. :oneeyedwinK

then i wonder could Iron Lung Man and Cigarette Smoking Man been a part of the same faction? Cant remember what they called the group of men in The X-Files that CSM and Well-Manicured Man was a part of? Werent they called The Elders?

Anyway could this be another link between the MM world and the X-Files world?

In the X-Files the clones where used to repopulate when the Aliens take over.

In MilleniuM clones are also used to repopulate when the End of the World Apocolyptic events happen.

MilleniuM grp and the Elders with the same agenda? but with different outcomes?