What's Your favorite Lance Movie and character

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Sue Myatt

whoa this is one mother of a message board :devil01: good luck to my 1st post! here goes:

great topic ... recent films i liked lost voyage and lance seemed to enjoy himself in 'antibody' - a bit of rapport going with that sexy black lady! the invitation was cool ... would've been better big budget ... but i thought some of the other characters lacked development.

prior to this i liked gunfighters moon ... i'm a big western fan and frank morgan was a cool character ... and lance is a fantastic rider.

i thought adrian cross was a good character in profile for murder ... although that lady actress got on my tits a bit.

has anyone ever seen the 'visitor' ? an early '75 movie but lance played a key role alongside john huston and sam peckinpah. not the best movie ever but enjoyable all the same. and i must watch powder again now.

• 6 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
<font color='#810541'>Scott..... Great topic! :thumbsup_big:

I'd have to say my favorite Lance movie would have to be "Powder", and his caracter in that is also my favorite character.  I can't say the guy's name at the moment....It's been a while since I've seen that movie.  He played a cop, and the most heart-wrenching scene was between him and his wife.  I could sooooo see Frank in him then! :frank_black:</font>

Very interesting. I have heard of this movie and have considered watching it a few times, but I have never gotten around to it. I did not, however, know that Lance was one of the central characters, so this movie has now moved way up to the top of my agenda, especially now that I have finished season one of Millennium and am currently waiting for season two with great anticipation. It's funny how being a fan of a show like this can lead you to other things that might be interesting. It kind of reminds me of the X-files, for example. One of my all time favorites on that show was "Minds Eye". I really enjoyed the actress who played the blind woman in that episode. That was my first introduction to Lili Taylor, who played her, and she went on to become my favorite actress, at least for a little while. I would probably never have noticed her and probably would have never seen most of her great films if not for the X-files. Similarly, I might never have gotten around to watching Powder if not for my interest in Millennium and this message board. :eyebrows_big:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Jennifer 8, Hatchet Man, Gunfighters Moon, The Colour of Night  :thumbsup_big:

Jennifer 8, that's another one I should watch again. I hardly even remember Lance being in that movie, and I haven't seen it sense shortly after it's theater release, so it will probably all seem new to me. I also like John Malkovitch (sp?), and of course, Uma Thurman :kissypoo: is extremely easy on the eyes, not to mention a fine actress. I will also have to look into "The Invitation".

.......The Invitation is actually my second favorite "performance", if not movie, by Lance in a non-MM role. -(as a movie it's pretty darn good too.)

~se7en :ouro:

• 5 months later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
<font color='#810541'>Scott..... Great topic! :thumbsup_big:

I'd have to say my favorite Lance movie would have to be "Powder", and his caracter in that is also my favorite character.  I can't say the guy's name at the moment....It's been a while since I've seen that movie.  He played a cop, and the most heart-wrenching scene was between him and his wife.  I could sooooo see Frank in him then! :frank_black:</font>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, they say good things come to those who wait, and I just now saw "Powder" for the first time. I have one simple word to describe the film... beautiful. I'm sure you could find some flaws and holes if you looked hard enough, but this is a very uplifting, heartwarming film, and I'm glad i finally got to see it. It's funny the way things are sometimes connected. For example, we were just discussing Missy Crider as one of the best (or hottest) guest stars in Millennium, and here she is in the movie Powder, playing a key role and adding a great performance to the film. Also, if not for the Millennium series (and being a fan of Lance Henricksen), who knows if I would have ever been motivated to buy the film on Amazon.com and finally get a chance to experience what was really a very worth while use of my time. I'll just give the film an A+ for effort, acting, and Lance's performance, and let any minor flaws go. This was a nice change of pace from my usual one or two episodes of Millennium, and the quality remained very high, but I would expect nothing less from a project that Lance had a hand in.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
.......The Invitation is actually my second favorite "performance", if not movie, by Lance in a non-MM role. -(as a movie it's pretty darn good too.)

~se7en :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the next movie on my agenda by Lance. Everything I have seen and read would indicate that it's my kind of movie.