What's Your favorite Lance Movie and character

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I know this is not exciting pick, but it is mine damn it :)

Aliens as Bishop

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually a pretty good pick, and a great movie. Up until Millennium, Bishop was really the only way I knew of Lance Henriksen. It's amazing the job he does playing the part. He actually convinces you that he is synthetic, and that's probably not an easy task for an actor. By the way, AlienS was my favorite among the 4. The first film was obviously one of the best sci-fi movies in history, especially at that time. The second one, I think, outdid the original. The third one was a bit of a step down, but still pretty good. The fourth one, Alien resurrection, was not so good in my book, but it's been a while, so I forget exactly how bad it was.

I know this is not exciting pick, but it is mine damn it :)

Aliens as Bishop

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to second this as far as favorites go. Also, didn't he have

a part in Close Encounters of the Third Kind? I haven't seen that movie in ages.

Though the first role I truly remember of his was as the one detective in The Terminator.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'll have to second this as far as favorites go. Also, didn't he have

a part in Close Encounters of the Third Kind? I haven't seen that movie in ages.

Though the first role I truly remember of his was as the one detective in The Terminator.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, yes, he was in "Close Encounters" for about 3 seconds in what amounted to a role as en extra. They show him watching the Aliens and the events at the very end, and he looks like he is about 20 years old. Not a line or wrinkle on his now ruggedly handsome face. I barely remember his part in terminator. I have not had a reason to watch that film in a long time, but it's a lot of fun to see lance in some of these movies after Millennium, a show that completely changed my image of him. I have seen terminator about, geez, 20 times, but I don't know if I have watched it, at least in its entirety, in the last 7 or 8 years, sense way back when millennium was a new series. I'll have to look up Lance's entire filmology to see if there is anything else of interest. PS, I also heard, I think it was here in fact, that Lance had a bigger role in Close Encounters, but it was cut during editing, or something to that effect.

LOL, yes, he was in "Close Encounters" for about 3 seconds in what amounted to a role as en extra. They show him watching the Aliens and the events at the very end, and he looks like he is about 20 years old. Not a line or wrinkle on his now ruggedly handsome face. I barely remember his part in terminator. I have not had a reason to watch that film in a long time, but it's a lot of fun to see lance in some of these movies after Millennium, a show that completely changed my image of him. I have seen terminator about, geez, 20 times, but I don't know if I have watched it, at least in its entirety, in the last 7 or 8 years, sense way back when millennium was a new series. I'll have to look up Lance's entire filmology to see if there is anything else of interest. PS, I also heard, I think it was here in fact, that Lance had a bigger role in Close Encounters, but it was cut during editing, or something to that effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad someone else remembers the Close Encounters thing. I was beginning to think I was completely delusional!

And it's funny you mention your views on him before and after Millennium.

I always lumped him (with respect) in that group of character actors, Burgess Meredith, folks like that. Millennium showed he could take on a leading role and do it with intelligence and emotion and realism. He wasn't the most handsome guy, he wasn't the best shot (or he would've knocked off those two operatives at the end of Owls, bloodthirsty assassin style), he had his flaws. He was a real person. I hesistate to say Joe Everyman (with one significant difference of a gift/curse), but I hope I'm making sense.

My list includes: Buck [ Color of Night] Hank [ Survival Quest] Adrian Cross [ Profile for Murder] Frank Morgan [ Gunfighter's moon] Jackson Rivers [ Delta Heat] Bishop [ Aliens] Will Cooper [ the Last Cowboy] .. still have to see 'Pit and the Pendulum, Madhouse and Starkweather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

Yeah, Lance was terrific in "Powder", but he was very cool in Sam Raimi´s "The Quick and the Dead" as Ace Hanlon. He asks Sharon Stone "Wanna play poker with me little lady ?...It´s a very special pack, see I put an ace in everytime I kill." Then he shows the pack of cards, only aces :gaba:

• 9 months later...
Guest Mr Noir

Hmm difficult question...

I think it's "Jesse Hooker" on "Near Dark". I love this movie... But Lance was also great in "Gundfighter's Moon" or "Dead Man"... :notworthy:

• 3 weeks later...