yet another Millennium-like Group

Rate this topic

voidprime

Guest Xircuits
<font color='#000000'>I was reading some posts on someone talking about ALIAS when I found a link to something called the 47 Society.

https://www.47.net/47society/47story/

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell</font>

Incidentally, the colours for the 47 group are the same as the colours used for the New York Subway. The #4 train is green...and runs by my university. While the #7 train is purple/violet and runs right into Queens.

Guest Seraphim

1: The language of nature is mathematics.

2: Everything can be represented and understood through numbers.

3: If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are pattern

everywhere in nature

For those who get this reference, I just couldn't resist XD

• 6 months later...
Guest exegesis

there is no true way to generate a random number. so certain numbers are going to appear in any man made random number generator far more than others.

we see randoms where we want to, numbers of stars, planets, species of insects, populations, etc. but they only exist as random coincidenses because we put limits on them to constrain them. we stop counting when it makes sense. Order.

there is no true way to generate a random number. so certain numbers are going to appear in any man made random number generator far more than others. 

we see randoms where we want to, numbers of stars, planets, species of insects, populations, etc. but they only exist as random coincidenses because we put limits on them to constrain them. we stop counting when it makes sense. Order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't tell the government that .. they spent big bucks to have some computer geek create a random number program for us to use on the job. It would hurt their feelings :rofl::wtf: [geek was not in spell check :eyes: ]

Guest SouthernCelt

Since "Professor Bentley" of Pomona College proved that all numbers are equal and that one equality is 47 :wtf: then you don't need a random number generator. :helpme:

"Round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows...why, the lucky number is 47! Every time!"

I think "Professor Bentley" might have been doing a little research on the side with some of those mind-altering chemicals that the DOD and CIA were soooo interested in... :rofl:

Guest fledgling666
1: The language of nature is mathematics.

2: Everything can be represented and understood through numbers.

3: If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are pattern       

everywhere in nature

For those who get this reference, I just couldn't resist XD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uh, yeah.........

sol: As soon as you discard scientific rigor, you're no longer a mathematician, you're a numerologist.

-pi

Guest exegesis
Don't tell the government that .. they spent big bucks to have some computer geek create a random number program for us to use on the job.  It would hurt their feelings  :rofl::wtf: [geek was not in spell check  :eyes: ]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its not a true random number. the algorythm would have to be based on an existing solvable mathematical problem, or derivitive thereof, and hence would be predictable. this is one of the primary problems with encryption.