New Improved TIWWA!

Rate this topic

Graham,

I guess I was one of the lucky ones...Sometimes it pays off to be lazy...LOL! By the time I signed on, there was no problem with my password! I am wondering if this is the problem Scott was experiencing, when he said he couldn't sign on.... :thinking_big::hands2::hands4:

Just how was everybody's holiday? I burned my brain out last night, on 4 hours of Millennium! :p

Last but not least, I have to say again what an amazing job you did on this board!

:thumbsup_big:

~This Is Who We Are...

• Elders (Admins)

Dear Members,

Apart from the recent change of board, the last few days have been eventful in that Members have had problems with this forum accepting their passwords.

Please read the above instructions if you are being effected - that is your password is not being accepted.

Despite the problem being identified and solved yesterday, a small number of Members, 4 including myself had difficulty with their passwords being accepted, even when changed for a new one.

In response to this, a new version of the login file has been uploaded and the problems have been rectified.

If you are still having problems since the new file was uploaded this evening 27.12.03 1830 GMT, please change your password once more. It should then be permanently fixed.

Thank you for bearing with us and for being patient. The mamoth and complicated task of converting the contents of the old Ikonboard to the Invisionboard was not straight forward, especially when files use a different type of encryption. However I think you'll agree it has been worth the wait.

Regards,

Graham.

Guest SouthernCelt
Hi, the new site looks fantastic.  I had no problems logging in at all.  I've got the same prob as Libbly though - can't see the black writing on the dark grey back ground very well so I will also be sitting up straight and Paying attention!

:angry: Ditto for me on the black text-on-gray fields problem. In my case though, changing the viewing angle doesn't do much good. I guess if I really want to be sure what's there, I'll have to "select" it so that the text and background will show contrast.

Other than the viewability issue (and now that I've gotten out of the never-ending loop of having to change my password every time I tried to log in), everything looks :grin2: good to me.

• Elders (Admins)
Ditto for me on the black text-on-gray fields problem.  In my case though, changing the viewing angle doesn't do much good.  I guess if I really want to be sure what's there, I'll have to "select" it so that the text and background will show contrast.

Other than the viewability issue (and now that I've gotten out of the never-ending loop of having to change my password every time I tried to log in),  everything looks :grin2:  good to me.

Hi,

I'm keeping my eye on the grey/black colour issue - I've tried it on a few monitors other than my TFT Flatscreen at home upon which I designed the skin for this Board. It is a bit dark and I will be lightening the grey tone which should make for easie viewing. However it shouldn't be necessary to have to high light text to read it. Perhaps your brightness/contrast needs adjustment? Just a suggestion.

Glad you got the password problem sorted. All casued by putting a file in the wrong place! Aaargh! I was up to 4am getting things right for it then that happened! Still we're done now, many Members have contacted me to say their logging in problems have been fixed since the new version of the log in was installed/uploaded on 27th Dec at 6.30pm GMT.

Regards,

Graham. :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Many Users seem to be finding it difficult or confusing to change their passwords, something which should be done every few months as good practice. I have created a 6 step guide to show you how it is done.

It can be found either by looking under the Help and Support Category on the Main Board Index or in the Help section.

If you require your actual Username to be changed, please contact an Elder via the Moderating Team link near the bottom the Main Index.

Hope this helps.

Graham.

Hi,

I'm keeping my eye on the grey/black colour issue . . . perhaps your brightness/contrast needs adjustment? Just a suggestion

. . . .

I was up to 4am getting things right . . .

Regards,

Graham.  :ouro:

I tried the contrast, but its already set to maximum. I've taken to highlighting everything too. About the staying up until 4 in the morning . . . that's what you call dedicated! Or plain obsessed. . . But whatever it was, definitely well worth it!

• Elders (Admins)
I miss all the links to the different Millennium sites. Is there a way to incoporate those again?

Hi,

Yes that is a feature I miss too although it started to look uneven and a bit of a mess. I will be doing something to recify this shortly but I don't want to detract from the lcean look of the board. Some Elders went to a lot of trouble to create banners for that purpose. We haven't discussed it, in fact we haven't discussed the new TIWWA at all at Elder Level to be honest. :cry:

Graham.