New Improved TIWWA!

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Thank you David and Jordan, very much appreciated! I don;t mind telling you it was scary but very exciting from my geeky viewpoint! :tongue:

I can see the black/grey fine on my monitor but I'll try it on another. I appreciate it IS two dark colours. What I found is that because the skin is made with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) (and this was my first experience with them) that changing a colour effects something else in several other places of the board and you have to track and search any other problems as a result of the change.

I'll keep an eye out for this one.

The log in problem is now fixed and all should be fine with existing passwords.

One file (allways the way) was uploaded to an incorrect folder on the server. Its now in the right place and working fine.

I love the way new things keep coming to light such as being able to insert a smilie anywhere in your post without it appearing at the bottom of the text and then you having to move it! God I'm lazy! :snore:

Graham.

:hello-big:Graham!

First and formost, let me say..... :cool-big: This is absolutly AMAZING!!! I knew you were gonna "remodel" but I'm shocked, amazed, and impressed! :thumbsup_big: The color scheme is FANTASTIC, and all the Ouros in just the right places was an unexpected bonus! I could go on for hours, but, you get the idea. Congrat's, Mate!

I want to add that I had no problem logging in, either. I had clicked on the TIWWA on my "Favorites", and got a messege, with the new address. I added that to my favorites, came here, entered my name and password, and it let me in with no problem.

Now, sit back, bask in a job well done, and enjoy some Christmas gravy! :tasty:

:santa2:

Guest LauraKrycek

I agree that the new design is wonderful! I was shocked and amazed when I logged on this evening and was smacked in the eyes by this new wonderment. Good work, boys! And now I'll close this with my new favorite smilie!

:gaba::gaba::gaba::gaba::gaba:

......THANK YOU BOTH! GRA HAS DONE AN AMAZING THING HERE,AND EVEN THOUGH I MAY BE IMPARTIAL I HAVE TO DECLARE THAT THIS SIT'ES DESIGN/LOOKS REMINDS ME OF COFFEE AND WARM CONVERSATION. I LOVE IT!

MERRY X-MAS M'LADY-(AND DAVID)

se7en

• Elders (Admins)
Should I be worried about a 0% Warn level?

:thinking_big:  :thinking_big::laugh_big:

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Hi David,

No, the board displays Warning Levels by default and of course you don't have one. Someone else e-mailed me about this, we may prevent it from being displayed if possible.

Regards,

Graham.

• Elders (Admins)

Please note that a small issue remains regarding the Password not being accepted:

The Christmas Story About The Password Mix-Up!

During conversion from Ikonboard to Invision Power Board, a file had to be uploaded by our webhost which allows users to log in with their old passwords from Ikonboard. Once logged in their passwords are comnverted to the new type of encryption automatically.

Unfortunately, this file was uploaded to the incorrect folder within the Message Board. Thus, Members were logging in and finding their passwords were being rejected. Eventually we decided (Wired Hub and myself) that members should change their passwords which would mean they get a new encrypted one.

Yesterday afternoon, the 24th around 5.30pm GMT, WiredHub realised thier mistake and contacted me to advise they had moved the special file to its correct place. The problem was therefore fixed and Members then had no need to change their passwords.

This morning, the 25th December 2003 I realised that those who HAD CHANGED their passwords for a new one, couldn't log in including myself! So those Members who find they can't log in because they changed their passwords yesterday, should change them again. I have done this myself and verified that it works fine.

I apologise wholeheartedly for the inconveience and mix up. WiredHub have also apologised.

So to recap:

If you Log Out and Log IN again (or are accessing TIWWA from another location/computer) you may need to click on the "I've forgotten my password!" option to change your password again. You will then be permanently sorted!

You might find that because the cookies on your PC keep you logged in until you delete them or log out, that you are straight into the Board. Logging out and logging in again will determine if you need to change your password again.

Once again sorry for this.

Graham P. Smith.

Senior Admin.

• Elders (Admins)

Ho Ho Ho! :santa2:

Yes the warning thing has gone as it seemed to confue poeple a bit as to why it was there. Admins and Elders will still see it though in case we need to KICK SOME ASS! Actually I don't think anyone has ever had a warning which says something about what a great commuity and friendly place this is. Except for one Bonehead about a year ago who came here after destroying "Multitude of Voices".

Glad the password thing is sorted out at last - we could have done without that hiccup but there you go - one of those things!

Hope you all had a great day yesterday and that you enjoy the rest of the holiday period.

Regards,

Graham. :xmas_ouro: