Other shows in the vein

Rate this topic

Guest daedalus perihelion

Hey, I'm back... I just post sporatically on here.

Alright, I had a question.  I haven't watched any network or cable television for YEARS.  I just watch DVD/VHS from time to time.  So I'm completely out of the loop of what is out there.

I was wondering, are there any other shows in the vein of X-Files or MillenniuM that are any good?  Any thing with a good conspiracy or mythology?  I thought I should ask people with some obvious taste.

I once came across an article on a show called "24" that sounded interesting, but a college of mine who is a HUGE Millennium fan said it was really lame.  That it played out like a Tom Clancy novel.  Would that be the general agreement?

Then, recently, a friend of mine said I'd like some show called "Alias".  I read up on it on the internet and it sounded like it had potential, but it also sounded like it might be a little too... uhmmm... trendy, I guess.  Like 90210 meets the CIA or something.

Any thing else out there?  I'm really desperate to fill my mythology void, but I have no way to find what's out there but by asking.  I hope this doesn't come of as annoying or anything.

I posted this here, by the way, because I didn't really see anywhere else where it fit in.  I know it's not exactly Millennium related, so if it needs to be moved, feel free.

Thanks.

....there is plenty of worthy engrossing shows out there that have themes similar to MM. one that pops into my head is "CARNIVALE". other brilliant television,that's both smart and suspenseful,is "WITHOUT A TRACE","CRIMINAL INTENT". "24" IS GREAT. and then there's SIX FEET UNDER and THE WIRE both of which are easily as good as MM in thier respective ways.

...good luck,

se7en :ouro:

I hope HBO gets Carnivale season one on DVD by Fall and get The Wire season one on DVD this summer because I want to check out both shows (since I don't have HBO).

As for Midsomer Murders, I know of someone down in Atlanta, Georgia who can convert from PAL to NTSC, but it just is the issue of asking the person if she will do it and if someone would tape season 7 of Midsomer Murders in the uK. Not a big deal though, but I have been waiting for Midsomer Murders as I wait for whenever A&E will air season six. So I probably will end up watching season 7 next year unless A&E decides to show season six and seven togetehr whenever they decide to air season six. sigh. The big British shows I'm waiting for though is SPOOKS season 3 and WAKING THE DEAD season 4 in the second half of 2004.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest icubud

Millennium is definitely in a class of its own. :grin2:

I like 24, though it does get a bit cheesy at time.

Alias is our favorite show that is being aired right now.

Miracles was really good, The Others was too. Man I was ticked when they yanked those 2 programs. :angry:

Another show that is a bit weird is Carnival. It reminds me of Twin Peaks mixed with "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Definitely not in the same "realm" as the shows mentioned above.

Another show that was good and yanked recently was "The Agency".

Dang jerks keep pulling the ones we like and putting out more of the reality show stuff. :angry:

Another show that was good and yanked recently was "The Agency".

Dang jerks keep pulling the ones we like and putting out more of the reality show stuff. :angry:

Yep, it is sad but true.

The Others needs a DVD release (come on, Dreamworks!). Miracles needs one, too (someone other than any company associated with Disney).

What else needs a DVD release are:

Space: Above and Beyond

Sleepwalkers

The pretender (a US release of it)

The Visitor

Witchblade

the cape

and some others I will list later

......if the inferior "the pretender"-(non-capitalization intended,actually it's pretty always intended online. :wink: )-comes out before MM poeple WILL get hurt! :angry::angryred: ....this is not a shot at anyone who likes this show but both leads were 10x more horrible to look at than anyone on MM. Robert Davi looks like the surface of the moon and that broad who plays samantha looks like a cross between an alien and a praying-mantis-like-"thing". :gaba: ...for me the only semi engaging thing about the show was the stalker aspect but even that got lame. -(i actually wish that throw up icon was still here for usage! :tongue: )

......ahhh well,

se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
that broad who plays samantha looks like a cross between an alien and a praying-mantis-like-"thing". :gaba:  ...for me the only semi engaging thing about the show was the stalker aspect but even that got lame.  -(i actually wish that throw up icon was still here for usage! :tongue: )

:rofl: LOL! That cracked me up. Though you're thinking of "The Profiler", not "The Pretender" (though who could really tell the difference between the two?). And as for the icon: :puke: It's in the long list. Use it freely. :tongue:

:rofl: LOL! That cracked me up. Though you're thinking of "The Profiler", not "The Pretender" (though who could really tell the difference between the two?). And as for the icon: :puke: It's in the long list. Use it freely. :tongue:

whoops! ........um :blush: ...ahhhh :blush: ......errrr :blush: .........it still sucked! :gaba:

a few other women who look like alien-bugs: Maria Shriver-(shiver),Pat benetar and Jorga Fox. ewwwwww! :tongue:

~se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
whoops! ........um :blush: ...ahhhh :blush: ......errrr :blush:  .........it still sucked! :gaba:

a few other women who look like alien-bugs: Maria Shriver-(shiver),Pat benetar and Jorga Fox. ewwwwww!  :tongue:

LOL don't worry. They're completely interchangeable. They aired as a duo every Saturday, and they had crossovers like at least once a season. I personally think of them as one entity. And yes, it still did suck. Both of them.

And LOL! I agree on Maria Shriver, definitely; not sure what the other ones look like, though.

Guest SouthernCelt
a few other women who look like alien-bugs: Maria Shriver-(shiver),Pat benetar and Jorga Fox. ewwwwww!  :tongue:

~se7en :ouro:

I never could get into either show. Didn't like the characters or the people who played them.

Agree on the three women. Maria Shriver has always looked anorexic to me. Maybe she :puke: a lot. Haven't see Benatar in a while but last time I saw her, she looked "butchy." :p And Jorja Fox is the one person in the CSI cast that they could get rid of as far as I'm concerned. She's really not as pretty as they seem to want to think and her character is a, pardon my language, real naggy *****. She's just tiresome. :p

Guest amnesic

I never could get into either show. Didn't like the characters or the people who played them.

Agree on the three women. Maria Shriver has always looked anorexic to me. Maybe she :puke: a lot. Haven't see Benatar in a while but last time I saw her, she looked "butchy." :p And Jorja Fox is the one person in the CSI cast that they could get rid of as far as I'm concerned. She's really not as pretty as they seem to want to think and her character is a, pardon my language, real naggy *****. She's just tiresome. :p

hey, power to the ugly people! we need more on TV!