Other shows in the vein

Rate this topic

Guest daedalus perihelion

I liked Pretender during the first two seasons - and then it got really old. The stupid look Jason would get when "thinking" or "mad" always made me laugh. What a joke!

Profiler - neither lady could act. Actually I don't think anyone in the cast could come to think about it. Watched 2 episodes and had more than enough.

I did think of 2 other old shows - "Nowhere Man and Dark Skies". (Though DS really went bonkers in their last season.)

:rofl: LOL! That cracked me up. Though you're thinking of "The Profiler", not "The Pretender" (though who could really tell the difference between the two?). And as for the icon: :puke: It's in the long list. Use it freely. :tongue:

Season 1 of Profiler is out on DVD (I wonder why A&E put it out on DVD), but I do give A&E props for releasing Homicide: Life On The Strrets (seasons 1-3 so far) and Brooklyn South to DVD.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. I couldn't stand the blond from The Profiler that much (but I did watch the crossover episodes with The Pretender (two with the redheaded profiler woman)).

Guest WaveCrest

Especially to those who've mentioned "Miracles",

Very good show that. I like the three leads especially Skeet Ulrich. I've seen the first three episodes and a bit of Little Green Lost and am impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing Hand of God, You Are My Sunshine and Battle at Shadow Ridge next.

Sleepwalkers from what I've seen of it is good too. Had a good subject for a TV drama. Pity it got cancelled. I'm interested in that show because Bruce Greenwood (Knots Landing) and Naomi Watts starred in it.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest LauraKrycek
Especially to those who've mentioned "Miracles",

Very good show that. I like the three leads especially Skeet Ulrich. I've seen the first three episodes and a bit of Little Green Lost and am impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing Hand of God, You Are My Sunshine and Battle at Shadow Ridge next.

Yep, that was an excellent show. I just randomly remembered that when I was on a train in England (it was between either Leicester or Oxford and London), there was a dude on there who looked JUST like the other male lead. I wanted to be like "DUDE!", but I thought that might've been kind of rude.

Guest The Frenchman

I think Brimstone, with its dark atmosphere and its world full of human-faced demons, can definitely be compared to MillenniuM (especially season 2).

I totally agree for Miracles, the 13 episodes are great !

Unfortunately, these are 2 short-lived good shows :cry:

Another show that I really enjoyed that was different but IMO was really good was "The Chronicle". Also there was a show we never missed but I for the life of me can not remember its name. It was about a guy and some friends who would investigate weird stuff and they had a website. Hopefully someone here will remember the name so I can quit racking my brain over this.

• Elders (Admins)
I think Brimstone, with its dark atmosphere and its world full of human-faced demons, can definitely be compared to MillenniuM (especially season 2).

I totally agree for Miracles, the 13 episodes are great !

Unfortunately, these are 2 short-lived good shows  :cry:

BRIMSTONE! God I loved that show! I can't believe it was cancelled! The b*******s.

That was really wonderful especially the the guy you played the Devil. He exuded effort from every orifice when playing th role. John something.

Gra. :devil01: