Other shows in the vein

Rate this topic

Guest daedalus perihelion

Guest SouthernCelt
BRIMSTONE! God I loved that show! I can't believe it was cancelled! The b*******s.

That was really wonderful especially the the guy you played the Devil. He exuded effort from every orifice when playing th role. John something.

Gra. :devil01:

I too liked Brimstone. The fellow who played the devil (his name escapes me right now also) now plays Lex Luthor's totally devious and evil father :devil01: on "Smallville." That's one thing that makes "Smallville" stand out from the rest of what I term as teeny-bopper shows, the cast is excellent.

Guest SouthernCelt
I think the show I am thinking of is called something like "Freaky Links".  Does that ring a bell with anyone?

You're right, it was "Freaky Links." I couldn't remember the title either until you suggested it.

I found this show a little uneven in weekly subject matter, but I'll give them credit for coming up with some innovative "monsters of the week." :gaba:

Guest SouthernCelt

I too liked Brimstone. The fellow who played the devil (his name escapes me right now also) now plays Lex Luthor's totally devious and evil father :devil01: on "Smallville." That's one thing that makes "Smallville" stand out from the rest of what I term as teeny-bopper shows, the cast is excellent.

Couldn't stand not remembering the actor's name. It's John Glover. He plays Lionel Luthor, Lex's father.

I liked Brimstone and Freakylinks. I hope when Freakylinks get released to DVD that they include teh original edit of the peilot for that show (when the show was known as FEARSUM at that stage).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest WaveCrest

Anybody see Wolf Lake? That starred Lou Diamond Phillips, Graham Greene, Tim Matheson, Mia Kirshner and Scott Bairstow. Only 9 episodes were made. That had an alternate pilot episode.

Guest SouthernCelt
Anybody see Wolf Lake? That starred Lou Diamond Phillips, Graham Greene, Tim Matheson, Mia Kirshner and Scott Bairstow. Only 9 episodes were made. That had an alternate pilot episode.

I saw a couple of the series episodes including the remade pilot. Never saw the original pilot.

voidprime has a review of this series on his website. Look a couple of posts up the page for URL.

I saw a couple of the series episodes including the remade pilot. Never saw the original pilot.

voidprime has a review of this series on his website. Look a couple of posts up the page for URL.

I did review the original pilot for Wolf Lake.

This year, I'm aiming to get hold of some unaired pilots that even the video traders don't have.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 4 weeks later...

whoa! Where did all these posts come from? I missed something somewhere.

Alright, I got to read all these replies now. Sorry for the delay.

I'm guessing you've seen Twin Peaks as that aired a long while before MillenniuM.  That's an intelligent show with it's own very individual mythology, although it's not really to everyone's tastes.  Myself, it's my other absolutely favourite show of all time..

No, but someone else recommended it to me; said I might like it. I think I remember seeing an episode when I was real young... grade school age or so and if it's what I thought it was, I thought it was really odd. But that was close to 20 years ago. I'm sure my taste has changed a little since then.