If you had to live without one Millennium episode

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest A Stranger
I agree that "Human Essence" and "Sense And Antisense" work better as X-Files. That doesn't make me like "Human Essence" any better, but I like "Sense And Antisense" even if it doesn't fit in the MLM universe very well. I don't care for "A Single Blade Of Grass", but I definitely don't think it's as awful as the aforementioned S3 episodes or "Closure". Man, I hate that one. That reminds me of a Lifetime movie even more than "The Well-Worn Lock".

"Sense and Anti-Sense," written by Johannessen seems a lot like the where the Group/mytharc went in season three. Does anyone agree? There was a lot of science fiction edge to it (The cloned sisers in "The Innocents", the hands in"Bardo Thodol", the A-bomb in "Matryoshka", the brain research in "Via Doloarasa")

Guest chrisnu
"Sense and Anti-Sense," written by Johannessen seems a lot like the where the Group/mytharc went in season three. Does anyone agree? There was a lot of science fiction edge to it (The cloned sisers in "The Innocents", the hands in"Bardo Thodol", the A-bomb in "Matryoshka", the brain research in "Via Doloarasa")

It does look like that, in a way. Except "Sense and Antisense" did not have an S3GCR (Season 3 Group Conspiracy Resolution): if it can't be explained, the Group did it! That's pretty much how the episodes mentioned were explained.

Guest A Stranger
"Nostalgy" is one episode I can definitely live without it

:devil:

Another one of my personal favorites!! That episode is flawless! Where's the "Nostlagia" love? :rofl:

Guest RoedeckerluvsLucyButler

Hey there everyone...long time fan of the show,new to the board...

I'd have to say that "Human Essence"I can live without along with "Siren"

Guest Second Coming
Hey there everyone...long time fan of the show,new to the board...

I'd have to say that "Human Essence"I can live without along with "Siren"

Ah yes "Siren" another X-fileish espisode. And not a very good one.

Guest amnesic

agree with human essence. I also found The Judge from season 1 rather unpleasant although I wouldn't say I could live without it. Same with the horse episode from season 1 which I also found rather disturbing but oddly fascinating. Subject matter was repulsive and I hated having to listen to those horses screaming, but yet the episode was beautifully shot. I think I found seasons 1 and 3 had the most unpalattable episodes in them, but I think it is the season 3 episodes that went over the line and became vulgar. Season 1 handled child abuse, mental illness, etc with more subtelty and poignancy - there was regret and sadness in those stories. In Season 3 I felt as though I was being hit over the head with a wet trout.

• 6 years later...
Guest notbadforahuman

I could definitely live without "Sense and Antisense", "The Wild and the Innocent", "Sense and Antisense", "Human Essence", "Omertà", and "Forcing the End". I know I will probably get some flak for the Omerta entry, but I really can't stand the scenes with the mobster or any that featured the fairy ladies. It was all too sing-songy and out there for me. It was very nice to see the scenes with Jordan and Frank, however. Very cute and sweet. Forcing the End was almost unwatchable to me. The end with the scene on the roof of the building with the helicopter = FAIL. Definitely one of the worst episodes of the series, followed closely by Human Essence, in my humble opinion. What about you all? What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to second the opinion that "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" is the one Millennium episode I could do without. I didn't really like any of the comedy themed Millennium episodes, they all come out like "Brown Betty" from Fringe- basically pointless wastes of time.

Still very much Human Essence for me folks and it's even more telling considering it was written by the then showrunner of Millennium. The episode is so removed from the heart and soul of the show that Michael clearly did not understand his brief at all. It is write that he was let go and whilst I applaud him for doing his best I am relieved Chip was able to steer the season into calmer waters.

Eth