If you had to live without one Millennium episode

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Personally I wouldn't want to lose any of my episodes. In S2 I missed about a quarter of 'Sense and Antisense' and starting taping from there. I decided after seeing it that it really wasn't worth wasting video space on because I was unsure if the amount left on the tape would cover the next episode following directly after. So, not having another tape and figuring I could just tape it again come Sunday, I taped 'Monster' over it and regretted it ever since. I missed the reshow and whilst I don't want 'Sense and Antisense' as an episode it just makes my collection of S2 incomplete. Same with 'Through a Glass Darkly, Human Essence and Borrowed Time' from S3. I need to have them so I have them all.

But if I absolutely HAD to ditch an episode... 'The Well Worn Lock.' I really hate this episode and is one of very few S1 episodes that I won't watch.

Guest STILL Mr.Ne'er-Do-Well

I haven't seen many of the episodes since they aired here in New Zealand (and never been rerun, f*** it), so I can't remember the merits of some of them, especially the first season. But there was a number of third season shows that I know were lousy (and have a few of them on tape). I'd go without '...Thirteen Years Later'. This was a lousy attempt to recapture the Darin Morgan vibe. This was the only non-Morgan humorous show, and it failed miserably.

What the hell?! "In Arcadia Ego" is probably one the show's peaks!!

Excluding "Human Essence" I'd say it's a tie between "A Single Blade of Grass" and "Weeds."

Well it just goes to show two things:

1. We all have an opinion

2. Apparently you and I never agree :rofl:

Guest Second Coming
But if I absolutely HAD to ditch an episode... 'The Well Worn Lock.' I really hate this episode and is one of very few S1 episodes that I won't watch.

Well Worn Lock reminds me of something that would have been on Lifetime. Maybe that's why my wife loved that episode.

I thought both Human Essence and Sense and Anti-sense were more like the X-Files.

Guest chrisnu

I agree that "Human Essence" and "Sense And Antisense" work better as X-Files. That doesn't make me like "Human Essence" any better, but I like "Sense And Antisense" even if it doesn't fit in the MLM universe very well. I don't care for "A Single Blade Of Grass", but I definitely don't think it's as awful as the aforementioned S3 episodes or "Closure". Man, I hate that one. That reminds me of a Lifetime movie even more than "The Well-Worn Lock".

Guest Second Coming
I agree that "Human Essence" and "Sense And Antisense" work better as X-Files. That doesn't make me like "Human Essence" any better, but I like "Sense And Antisense" even if it doesn't fit in the MLM universe very well. I don't care for "A Single Blade Of Grass", but I definitely don't think it's as awful as the aforementioned S3 episodes or "Closure". Man, I hate that one. That reminds me of a Lifetime movie even more than "The Well-Worn Lock".

Closure? I can't think of that one at the moment. Oh yeah and I liked Sense and Anti-sense.

...."ANAMNESIS",yet another late S2 steaming pile of "ANTI-MM"-religious crap. apparently maher/reindl were on the same acid trip that M&W were by this time. i wish i could take the negative of this episode and throw in a bon-fire forever destroying the stupidity and lameness of this pile of crap.---(IS THAT WRONG? :smokin: LOL!)

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Moderators)

I don´t like "Broken World". And after that I think it is "Human Essence". I don´t consider "A Single Blade of grass" to be a good episode, but it´s better than the two named above. I liked the american native stuff, and also seeing Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman again, but the writing could have been better and the story more interesting.

Alex :ouro:

Guest A Stranger
...."ANAMNESIS",yet another late S2 steaming pile of "ANTI-MM"-religious crap. apparently maher/reindl were on the same acid trip that M&W were by this time. i wish i could take the negative of this episode and throw in a bon-fire forever destroying the stupidity and lameness of this pile of crap.---(IS THAT WRONG? :smokin:  LOL!)

se7en :ouro:

Yeah. It seems like some made for TV movie or a really bad XF knock-off. Especially that teaser with all the "Devil girls" parading throuhg the high school. :puke: