Hey there

Guest Belch

Whew!

Thank... uh... God, I'm not the Antichrist.

?!?!?!

Maybe I can be the resident :alien: on the forum?

Just for everyone to get to know me better:

The Reason I Chose the Screen Name "Belch".

1. "The Fourth Horseman" was already taken and it seemed kinda lame to take "The Third Horseman".

2. "High Plains Drifter" was already taken and it seemed kinda lame to take "The Man With No Name".

3. "The Old Man" was already taken. 2007 will be my Heinz year. I'll be 57 in August. Heinz...? 57...? Nevermind. :bigsmile:

4. It was 5:00 A. M. when I set up the account and I had a hangover from tooooo many beers the night before and I liked the character anyway. And I couldn't spell Geeble... Geablehous... Geebelhou... the other guy.

5. All of the above.

Anyway, I'm gonna go explore this forum and see where I can spread some of my benign insanity around.

Joe

Edited by Belch
Guest SouthernCelt

Hey Belch, welcome to the board. Now I've got someone else on here that's old enough to remember stuff that most of these other folks only know as rumor.

Guest Belch
Hey Belch, welcome to the board. Now I've got someone else on here that's old enough to remember stuff that most of these other folks only know as rumor.

I know that feeling very well.

I was a teacher in NYC for a time. I loved to have the kids tell me "57? My grandmother isn't that old!" Most of them will be released from the hospital very soon. (Just kiddng. I loved my kids. With BBQ sauce. D'oh! Just kidding again.) :tasty:

:bigsmile:

Some of the things I remember:

A time before video games.

Rotary phones.

Hippies.

Black and white TV's

The 50's.

The 60's (kinda.)

The 70's (kinda hazy here too.)

The 80's (getting better - just in time for...)

The 90's (when old age and senior moments kicked in.)

I've been looking around the website. I can't seem to find a place for non-MillenniuM discussions. Is there a place for, like, favorite authors, music, jokes or movies, that I'm missing?

Finally, thanks all for the warm welcome to the website

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I know that feeling very well.

I was a teacher in NYC for a time. I loved to have the kids tell me "57? My grandmother isn't that old!" Most of them will be released from the hospital very soon. (Just kiddng. I loved my kids. With BBQ sauce. D'oh! Just kidding again.) :tasty:

:bigsmile:

Some of the things I remember:

A time before video games.

Rotary phones.

Hippies.

Black and white TV's

The 50's.

The 60's (kinda.)

The 70's (kinda hazy here too.)

The 80's (getting better - just in time for...)

The 90's (when old age and senior moments kicked in.)

I've been looking around the website. I can't seem to find a place for non-MillenniuM discussions. Is there a place for, like, favorite authors, music, jokes or movies, that I'm missing?

Finally, thanks all for the warm welcome to the website

Hmm, lets see, there is a section called "Two Severed Thumbs" that has discussion about things that are not specifically about Millennium, but rather about "Millenniumistic" TV, movies, etc. Although it is kind of supposed to be Millenniumistic, I have seen some things slide through that are several degrees of separation from the show if you know what I mean. Then, there is an additional section called TIWWA members (off topic) forum, where you can discuss anything you want, including all of the topics you mentioned. Of course, as long as we don't get too carried away, and I sometimes do, I don't think anyone will take issue with a mention of a particular author, musical artists, etc, within any given thread. If you want to play it safe though, the "off topic" area is a lot of fun and sees a lot of activity and conversation.

Guest SouthernCelt
Hmm, lets see, there is a section called "Two Severed Thumbs" that has discussion about things that are not specifically about Millennium, but rather about "Millenniumistic" TV, movies, etc. Although it is kind of supposed to be Millenniumistic, I have seen some things slide through that are several degrees of separation from the show if you know what I mean. Then, there is an additional section called TIWWA members (off topic) forum, where you can discuss anything you want, including all of the topics you mentioned. Of course, as long as we don't get too carried away, and I sometimes do, I don't think anyone will take issue with a mention of a particular author, musical artists, etc, within any given thread. If you want to play it safe though, the "off topic" area is a lot of fun and sees a lot of activity and conversation.

I'm probably averaging close to a posting a day in the off topic area, either wierd news or jokes or both. To a lesser extent, I occasionally post things to the "Millenniumistic" area -- usually something about a TV program or a song that has a "MM" feel to it. So there are places here for just about everything that doesn't violate the board rules, although some things may cause some heated discussion even when such is not anticipated. That's why it's best to stay away from current politics and specific religious beliefs in any of the board areas. Since we've got the blog feature, anything of that nature that you feel compelled to post about can be added there.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm probably averaging close to a posting a day in the off topic area, either wierd news or jokes or both. To a lesser extent, I occasionally post things to the "Millenniumistic" area -- usually something about a TV program or a song that has a "MM" feel to it. So there are places here for just about everything that doesn't violate the board rules, although some things may cause some heated discussion even when such is not anticipated. That's why it's best to stay away from current politics and specific religious beliefs in any of the board areas. Since we've got the blog feature, anything of that nature that you feel compelled to post about can be added there.

Just an added note, at the top of the home page, below the tool bar, there is a link called "view new posts" that I find helpful. I just click on that and can find out what it being discussed currently. I always click on it to view the latest fascinating paranormal, scientific, and sometimes just plain funny stuff that SouthernCelt has posted. I will look forward to your contributions as well.

I should add though that, in this current thread titled "new members and special greetings", I don't see anything wrong with some off topic discussion and sharing some of your other interests besides Millennium. After all, it is a place for new members to introduce themselves, and sense you started the thread, I can hardly see anyone taking offense to you leading the thread off topic.

Just an added note, at the top of the home page, below the tool bar, there is a link called "view new posts" that I find helpful. I just click on that and can find out what it being discussed currently. I always click on it to view the latest fascinating paranormal, scientific, and sometimes just plain funny stuff that SouthernCelt has posted. I will look forward to your contributions as well.

I should add though that, in this current thread titled "new members and special greetings", I don't see anything wrong with some off topic discussion and sharing some of your other interests besides Millennium. After all, it is a place for new members to introduce themselves, and sense you started the thread, I can hardly see anyone taking offense to you leading the thread off topic.

let me warn you Bliss and I are known to get off topic several times, on all topics. Only if L@the was around it would be more chaotic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
let me warn you Bliss and I are known to get off topic several times, on all topics. Only if L@the was around it would be more chaotic

Yes, L@the was a major instigator of off topic activity. :oneeyedwinK I'm a little surprised that he hasn't checked in from time to time, but I know message boards can be addictive.