X-Files 2 to begin shooting soon (Incorrect)

Rate this topic

Guest Everlast

Guest Everlast
No, no, no. A new movie is NOT to begin shooting anytime soon.

Chris Carter & Frank Spotnitz have just written a script, that's all. 20th Century Fox have yet to show any interest in the project, certainly haven't green-lighted it, let alone scheduled a shooting date.

Anyway, this has already been widely reported elsewhere.

Perhaps Fox wanted the lawsuit settle because they were eager to get such a project off the ground? Don't assume that you know everything when you know nothing.

Encouraging, yes, but saying that it's going to begin shooting soon is plainly false.

As ever, I advise not getting one's hopes up based on stuff that isn't actually a guarantee of anything. Thousands of scripts get written in Hollywood every day. An extremely low percentage of those ever make it before the cameras. I'd love to see it happen, but only when 20th give it the go-ahead will I pop any champaign corks.

As for Millennium on the big screen, forget it. I know people like to be optimistic and hope against hope, but really, there comes a point when we have to let go.

Listen troll, this is a Millennium fan site. Also, does the name "Serendipity" mean anything to you? If you are to the point of "letting go," please do so somewhere else.

• Elders (Moderators)
Listen troll, this is a Millennium fan site. Also, does the name "Serendipity" mean anything to you? If you are to the point of "letting go," please do so somewhere else.

Ahem.. now what's that?

Guest Jim McLean

I don't think anyone is trolling to be fair, just a different perspective on how to deal with news.

Personally I just feel that a little excitement and a little hope, even if slightly erroneous and/or eventually unfulfilled can energise a community, and I see no loss in getting excited.

Can some people take it badly if nothing happens? Maybe. They will probably take it badly whenever their hopes are shoot down, be it now in this thread or later down the road. At least down the road we can all live a little fantasy for a while.. a fantasy that may become a reality.

But yes, as for Millennium, if X-Files 2 does manifest and it does do fairly well, I think a DTV of Frank Black could be hoped for and, as has been said, wouldn't be necessarily expensive venture (far cheaper than the X-Files). Given how close Frank is to so many of the productions hearts, any chance for a DTV return seems more likely than not IF - and that's a big IF, X-Files 2 can show there is a viable market in the X-Files universe/collective.

Again, more fingers crossed than anything else, but at least we're seeing SOME sort of step forward towards that door, even if we're unsure whether that door will open or not. That's got to be better than standing still, going nowhere.

Guest ZeusFaber
Perhaps Fox wanted the lawsuit settle because they were eager to get such a project off the ground? Don't assume that you know everything when you know nothing.

Excuse me?!

You made an undeniably false statement in declaring that a new movie is "to begin shooting soon". Don't expect nobody to come in an correct you on that.

You can make guesses as to what 20th Century Fox want and intend all you like, but that's all they are, guesses. Until anything is announced, it's not happening. Fact.

Listen troll, this is a Millennium fan site.

How dare you.

You've made a grand total of 11 posts on the site in your time here and have managed to post a report that is not only in the wrong forum, not only already been reported, but also contains a false statement in its subject header, and now you come out with this. How dare you.

I expect an apology in your next post.

Also, does the name "Serendipity" mean anything to you?

"Serendipity"? That would be a 2001 romantic comedy starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.

• Elders (Admins)

Everlast, you are way out of line. ZF doesn't require or ask for my input, but an apology should be made in a timely manner. We value your part on the forums, but please note these forums thrive and are respected because we don't support hit and run style attacks or flaim-baiting of our members.

ZeusFaber is a highly respected Millennium fan and member of this community and his commitment is without question as a senior editor of the fifth virtual season. His replies to your topic did not warrant this reply, regardless of which it also contravenes the board rules/guidelines you accepted when registering. I thank you for having the consideration and grace to do this.

On a separate note, maybe this serves as a reminder to all that rumers and chinese whispers probably shouldn't be posted without some form of evidence to back up claims or misunderstood interpretations. ZF makes perfect sense when he reminds us "that Chris Carter & Frank Spotnitz have just written a script, that's all. 20th Century Fox have yet to show any interest in the project, certainly haven't green-lighted it, let alone scheduled a shooting date."

This is currently the case, and although we all want it to happen, it takes time. I'm sure like many others probably feel that Fox will go with it but that time is not just yet. Lets hope its soon.

Also, I feel ZF's comments that campaigns are all over-estimated are true. But they upon occasion successful whether they be internet based or less virtual. You only have to look at (after a quick Google) Star Trek, Jericho, Roswell, Jag, Touched by an angel and of course Firefly may have been axed but it got a movie.

But a campaign doesn't always get results.

There is also no harm is wishing for a MLM movie, I'd love to see one of course but my personal thoughts are with ZF (we don't always agree!). Its time has past, and it never had the following that the X-files had. Yes the cast would be up for it, and it could get some great scripting, but realistically it wouldn't appear in the cinemas, DVD or a TV movie at best.

Guest Jim McLean
Also, I feel ZF's comments that campaigns are all over-estimated are true. But they upon occasion successful whether they be internet based or less virtual. You only have to look at (after a quick Google) Star Trek, Jericho, Roswell, Jag, Touched by an angel and of course Firefly may have been axed but it got a movie.

My only slight gripe about this point was it came in response to a comment I never actually made. I said that talking about it, getting excited, spreading the word is a proactive benefit, not that like the examples you offer, will result in its return. In other locales, with other shows I've been quite specific about this. Such revivals in the past come from very "hands on" approaches. We're not talking word of mouth, we're talking websites, constant letter campaigns, funds, adverts and rallying when a show is still not long past and will have a large choir, if all are motivated to sing.

Inevitably, Millennium - nor the X-Files really - has such a present stature, but I do believe that a proactive voice from the fans within their community and through there friends is logical. No one denies the power of chain mail, yet are somewhat skeptical when it comes to fan issues. Keeping quiet helps no one. Remaining positive, open to the possibilities and - as I said - energized, is worth the effort because rationally, accepting this as no more than another high hope, helps no one. I think people should get excited, because that's what life is about, and excitement is contagious; it spreads.

Not enough to bring a show back, but offers more than if fans stay silent, with hope beaten out of them.

Anyone can be realistic. Being optimistic yet not blind is something else, and that's what I was encouraging.

There is STILL a market out there for the X-Files. The sniff of a script being sent to the lead actors was enough to get the BBC's main international news page interested, so I don't think it's a topic which Fox will ignore as it might for "revival" scripts of any other franchise.

Whether or not that could bring the possibility of a DTV of Millennium, who knows. Personally, I do wonder if the world has moved on from the X-Files, but then, as I said, the news seems to have caught a lot of interest, in which case I'd be fairly happy to be wrong.

In echo to The Old Man's statement, I'd like to ad that, though it's great to have such enthusiasum for anything at all.... let's just try to remember we're talking about tv shows and movies. There is simply no reason to get this hostile, or bitter over something like whether or not a show is going to become a movie or not. Let's get some perspective, people.

Smoke 'em if you've got em! :smokin:

Everlast, you are way out of line. ZF doesn't require or ask for my input, but an apology should be made in a timely manner. We value your part on the forums, but please note these forums thrive and are respected because we don't support hit and run style attacks or flaim-baiting of our members.

ZeusFaber is a highly respected Millennium fan and member of this community and his commitment is without question as a senior editor of the fifth virtual season. His replies to your topic did not warrant this reply, regardless of which it also contravenes the board rules/guidelines you accepted when registering. I thank you for having the consideration and grace to do this.

On a separate note, maybe this serves as a reminder to all that rumers and chinese whispers probably shouldn't be posted without some form of evidence to back up claims or misunderstood interpretations. ZF makes perfect sense when he reminds us "that Chris Carter & Frank Spotnitz have just written a script, that's all. 20th Century Fox have yet to show any interest in the project, certainly haven't green-lighted it, let alone scheduled a shooting date."

This is currently the case, and although we all want it to happen, it takes time. I'm sure like many others probably feel that Fox will go with it but that time is not just yet. Lets hope its soon.

There is also no harm is wishing for a MLM movie, I'd love to see one of course but my personal thoughts are with ZF (we don't always agree!). Its time has past, and it never had the following that the X-files had. Yes the cast would be up for it, and it could get some great scripting, but realistically it wouldn't appear in the cinemas, DVD or a TV movie at best.

In echo to The Old Man's statement, I'd like to ad that, though it's great to have such enthusiasum for anything at all.... let's just try to remember we're talking about tv shows and movies. There is simply no reason to get this hostile, or bitter over something like whether or not a show is going to become a movie or not. Let's get some perspective, people.

Smoke 'em if you've got em! :smokin:

i just want to add

ZeusFaber is not a troll, he is a demon. Since his arrival here at tiwwa his avatar has never changed. Certain members like Bliss and Doll should take note of that but instead they blind us with avatars of........who in the world is that?

I know we all have a great compassion for the X-Files and MM but lets all try to respect each others opinions.

Getting along is the key term here at tiwwa, for example just look at Bliss-Celt and I. The three of us adore each other.....dont we?