What Was Your Fav. Lucy Moment

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Hmm. Either the staircase scene in "Lamentation", or perhaps her first reunion with Frank in "Antipas" where she declares, "I just want us to be together". Chilling.

Guest SouthernCelt

I think my favorite, or at least most memorable, scene of Lucy's was when she was in the hospital in Antipas claiming Frank had battered her and caused her to 'lose the baby'. The pure venom in her threat about Jordan really showed what she really was underneath.

Gosh! Fave Lucy moment? I adore tacky stuff like this, 'best and worst' are great excuses to up your ranking in one sentence and I desperately want to be a Rooster so here goes:

I love Lucy's declaration that 'Love is Blue' a moment where gloriously cheesy musak is given a bold spiritual edge. The misty annals of music stuff allege that 'Love is Blue' describes the pleasure and pain of love in terms of colours (blue and grey) and elements (water and wind) and never before or again has such a perfunctory element of an episode had such meaning and such depth. Of course much of the obvious testosterone of Antipas has you gulping through Lucy's manipulations but 'A Room with no View' has your searching your notions and presents Lucy as something more multifarious and downreaching than the old blatant Devil archetype. To hear her pronounce that Love is Blue invigorates the metal musings and has provoked many a discussion on this board in times of yore.

Gosh! Fave Lucy moment? I adore tacky stuff like this, 'best and worst' are great excuses to up your ranking in one sentence and I desperately want to be a Rooster so here goes:

I love Lucy's declaration that 'Love is Blue' a moment where gloriously cheesy musak is given a bold spiritual edge. The misty annals of music stuff allege that 'Love is Blue' describes the pleasure and pain of love in terms of colours (blue and grey) and elements (water and wind) and never before or again has such a perfunctory element of an episode had such meaning and such depth. Of course much of the obvious testosterone of Antipas has you gulping through Lucy's manipulations but 'A Room with no View' has your searching your notions and presents Lucy as something more multifarious and downreaching than the old blatant Devil archetype. To hear her pronounce that Love is Blue invigorates the metal musings and has provoked many a discussion on this board in times of yore.

Well eth, another wonderful post...its so good to see you back here on a regular basis...although i would agree somewhat here, i have to say my most memorable "Lucy" part is when she leans foward to talk to Frank in "Lamentations" where she says "I'm not the person you think i am"....the mixture of how it was said coupled with the facial expression, then the innocent, "deer in the headlights" claim of "I am the widow of Dr. Fabricant"....two extremes, done very well...

4th Horseman

AHH!!! That was what I was getting ready to say, Horseman!!! Yes, the 2 best were the "Love is Blue" scene (I liked both the one you mentioned, and the one where he comes in, railing at him about "You lie awake in the middle of the night and you think to yourself that maybe...no...Definitely, that you are special, that you can make a difference? You are nothing. The sooner you realize that mediocrity is all that you are, the sooner your love will be blue...")

And, the "I am the widow of Dr. Fabricant". Classic!!!!

Guest Heath328

Definitely the end of "Antipas," where Lucy drops her mask for a moment.

"And what about Jordan?" she hisses. "Aren't you AFRAID for her?"

Frank's Yellow House is gone. His beloved wife is dead, and life as he knows it will never be the same. Frank has proved by now that he is less concerned with his own physical safety than he is with combating evil. This guy has earned his combat medals again and again.

The last thing that can really "scare" Frank is a threat to his daughter. Lucy knows this, and it's safe to say she will continue to prey on Frank's concern for Jordan and for her awakening "gift."

Edited by Heath328

• 8 months later...
Guest paranoid eyes

I would go eighter for the scene in Lamentation, when she walks down the stairs and the flashes of light reveal her many faces. That was soo scary, I think I will have a hard time coming near the stairs during a storm plus it was the first time when it became clear that the supernatural will be a part of the show.

My second choice would be scene when she gets on her knees in front of the senator in Antipas. She had a innocent excuse for it-just taking a button but it looked completely different from his wife's point of view. So perwersive.