Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I also wonder how I managed to miss this post! Sorry Blackoil!

Anyway, "due out in 2009".. should we assume that a distributor has been attached or is she the one doing assumptions?

Guest Laurent.

I am so ahead of imdb! Hahaha!

(I don't know if blackoil has already posted this, but I don't think so)

I just came across a podcast interview with Natalie Dormer who talks very briefly about Fencewalker.

Here's approximately what she said:

She just finished Chris Carter's auto-financed / independent film called Fencewalker. It was a passion project for a lot of the people involved, including her. She just thought it was a great script. She plays a character named Yasnie, who's kind of a black sheep.

That's all the news I have.

Guest Laurent.

Soon we'll know the name of every character, but nothing about the plot, style or any other aspects of the movie!

I don't understand that we haven't received any word on the distribution for the film! I mean, surely Carter will not push the secrecy as far as releasing a film without any form of promotion!

I'm afraid he's not going to get a good distribution. Maybe he'll have to follow the usual film festival route in order to get a distributor. That would be cool! I just want the film to be released one way or another!

Yeah, distribution bothers me, too. :( Chris doesn't sound too optimistic when he talks about Fencewalker's future. On the other hand, you don't film a movie just for yourself, do you? I mean, he has to release it anyway! I hope it's not like he's gonna enjoy it alone in his dark private cinema LOL Movies are meant to be seen by a lot of people. As for film festivals, I remember there were some rumors from a Bellflower resident that Carter indeed is going to show Fencewalker in some movie festival...

Guest Laurent.

Can't wait! When are the major american film festivals taking place? The only one I know is Sundance but there must be a lot of other ones!

edit: Sundance Festival: January 15-25 2009! That could be a good option!