Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

Well that's perfect for Fencewalker then! It's an independent movie made by someone who has already achieved mainstream success!

Right now, I'd be happy with any kind of official news from CC or a possible distributor..

Guest Laurent.
Laurent, you mean it's perfect for Fencewalker to be a candidate for Sundance 2010? Because since it's not ready yet (or so it would seem?) there's no way it could be in for Sundance 2009...

From what I've heard it is ready. The shooting was finished before IWTB came out and Mark Snow said that he also finished the soundtrack... what's left but editing? Carter did that at his home for IWTB in a month or two; surely he was able to do the same for Fencewalker.

I was under the impression that the movie was ready and that maybe it had already been submitted (if it was Carter's intention do be at the festival). I may be wrong though....

I hope he's not going to let Fencewalker rest in his basement for a year before allowing the public to see it!!

May I disagree? :bigsmile:

I didn't gather from Mark Snow's interview that he had finished the score. He just referred to it as an upcoming project of his.

Some actors have said that they're done filming, yes. Does that mean photography has wrapped completely?

I don't know, in every interview Carter underlines the fact that this is like no other project of his. He makes it sound as if he shoots a bit, experiments, goes back to shoot some more, rethink it, refine it, reedit it, change it... He's fully in charge as he's the one who's financing it, this is a labour of love, and with no pressure from any studio he can hold it from release as long as he deems necessary. I know I'm not saying anything new here, but it would seem that having some footage and an editing software already available doesn't mean "Fencewalker" will be out in 2 months. In fact he seems embarrassed anybody even found out about it! Did I miss an interview? I may be wrong, but I don't think the movie is ready. The 2009 release date on IMDb is pure speculation by staffers not involved with the film itself.

Here's an article, mostly referencing Millennium, that might be of interest:

Libby, you're teasing us with new articles from time to time! I wouldn't want to put undue pressure on you, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of those, perhaps as an archive on your site... Yesterday I came across this site, which offers some vintage interviews from 1994-1996!

I think principal photography is definitely over. So many actors said they finished filming Fencewalker by the end of summer. If there is anything left -- it's a score and editing. And of course CC can edit and re-edit the movie as long as he wants.

Guest Laurent.

Alright, I just re-read Snow's comment on Fencewalker; you're right that he doesn't say that the score is done (my mistake) but he definitely talks as though the shooting of the movie is over.

• Elders (Moderators)
Libby, you're teasing us with new articles from time to time! I wouldn't want to put undue pressure on you, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of those, perhaps as an archive on your site... Yesterday I came across this site, which offers some vintage interviews from 1994-1996!

I started putting something together ages ago and forgot about it. I've thrown the rest of it together, including some of the articles on that website you found, and put it up on my website. It's not pretty :fool: but it'll give people something to read on a dreary weekend. You'll have to use the direct link: www.chelonium.plus.com/articles/articlesindex.html as I haven't linked to it from the main page. I know that pisher (of recent mention) has either cut'n'pasted from my website, or got stuff from someone who's leached, and I don't want to make his research any easier.

I didn't really need any pressure to do this, just the choice between this and housework - a no-brainer, really. :oneeyedwinK