X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

Guest LeHah

Frank Spotnitz told in his blog that some of your X-Files works will be released in a new album. Could you say us something about that?

In this spring, La La Land records will release a 4 CD boxed set of the X-Files music from the TV shows only. It will have all the shows that I have been nominated for plus probably pieces from episode, I'm sure some of your favorites will be included.

https://www.beyondthesea.it/news.asp?id=842

Guest Anephric

Assuming Mr Snow meant Emmy Awards when he said "been nominated" that would mean the following scores are represented in the set: Paper Hearts, The Post-Modern Prometheus, S.R. 819, Theef and The Truth. I'm sure that between the four discs that it'll be a smattering of everything, ala the Millennium set they did.

Already raided the piggy bank to purchase the 2-CD set from La La Records of Millennium music. Hasn't arrived yet, but I so look forward to it. I personally believe Millennium music is Mark Snow's best work. "The Snow Files" CD is good, except I didn't like the first track on it, "La Femme Nikita: Main Theme." I so love, "The Best of Millennium," that from what I found out is only available at itunes. I could listen to the music from "Omerta" all day. :teehee:

Guest LeHah

The offical word from LLL about this set:

Let me shed a little truth and light on the subject matter now that the "cat is out of the bag."

Yes, we are doing a 4 disc set of music from the immortal X-Files. Its still a work in progress. It will cover all 9 seasons and will more than likely feature music from 40 to 60 different episodes. The best cues... plain and simple just like we did with Millennium. There will be no dialog on it.

Its expected to be out in August... maybe September, but don't hold your breath. A project like this takes a lot of time to work on so please be patient. We have a plethora of titles coming out before this one so there is a lot of work ahead for us.

So now that the truth is out there have fun speculating on our approach!

I recall him also saying in an interview a few months back other pieces of his scores were being compiled for a compilation, so I assume there will be another set of his work for other series and films later on in 2010.

Take with that he has four scores coming up:

"Knights of Appletown" (recorded)

"The Incident" (for the same person he did "Couers" for)

"The Hunter"

and the always in Production Hell "Armageddagain: The Day Before Tomorrow" which is now being titled: "2012-ish: The Day the Earth Bent Over"

EDIT: And Chris Carter's upcoming film "Fenchwalker", according to Snow in a nrecent interview.

and we should have an itnerested next two or so years. I'm sure La La Land will do at least one of those film scores, and BuySoundtrax might do "The Incident" (guess work here). And a CD is being worked on for "Knights of Appletown".

Edited by The New Number 2

• Elders (Moderators)
I recall him also saying in an interview a few months back other pieces of his scores were being compiled for a compilation, so I assume there will be another set of his work for other series and films later on in 2010.

Yes, Snow once stated in an interview, that there are plans to release music from the other Carter-series, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen, as well, so this could be another project going on.

Guest Laurent.
and the always in Production Hell "Armageddagain: The Day Before Tomorrow" which is now being titled: "2012-ish: The Day the Earth Bent Over"

What? Mark Snow isn't doing the score for Roland Emmerich's 2012. IMDB has Harald Kloser listed as in charge of original music.

I guess the compilation must refer to his other 1013-projects. I mean, you can't have a compilation of music from soundtracks of different movies, right? That would be kind of weird. Anyway, thanks for the info and guesses.

P.S. Sorry to be a smart-ass about it but the other movie's title is actually The Kings of Appletown.