X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

• Elders (Moderators)

Sad news, the Box-Set won´t make a release in July for the Comic Con. From the FSM-Board:

Thank you for all these wonderful suggestions. With all this new material to sift through, plus tracking down some rouge episodes that the The Cigarette Smoking Man has hidden in some vault we have decided to delay the release of this box set by a few months. At this time there is no way I can finish this set off and do it justice in order to release it in time for Comic Con. That said, we still have some ultra cool projects coming at ya in July to premiere at Comic Con.

So, that means a few things:

1. Expect a Fall release

2. Expect an in town signing/release party for this somewhere with Mark Snow (and hopefully some surprise guests)

3. That this puppy is gonna be the knockout release you fans have been craving.

I feel like I have been playing damage control ever since Mr. Snow mentioned the release. lol.

As you all know we tend to keep projects close to the vest until they are done and ready to come out. This is a perfect example why we do not pre-announce our titles months in advance.

You fans have been so patient and I really appreciate your support.

• Like 1

:confused: Oh well. Thanks for the information Alex. It's better that a release is released that all are happy with than something rushed to appease the eager fans.

Still seems there is absolutely no talk of The Lone Gunmen release which I was led to believe was at a nearer stage of completion than The X-Files. Odd that.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

Thanks for the update Alex. It's better for them to make the best CD boxset they can, rather than rush it for Comic-Con.

• Elders (Moderators)

@Mark As MV said, they won´t talk about projects, which aren´t finished yet. That they are working on the X-Files and The Lone Gunmen came out by coincidence, so I guess they are trying to make the best out of it, so not mentioning the Gunmen could simply mean, that the cd isn´t finished yet and with all the disappointment about the delay of the X-Files, they won´t make it worse. Perhaps The Lone Gunmen will show up for the Comic Con, since this won´t be a box-set.

By the way, on the 20th of April, La-La-Land will release the score for "Independence Day" in complete form on 2 discs, the first 100 or so copies will be autographed by composer David Arnold.

• Like 1

Ah I follow Alex, I assumed that news of the X-Files release had been released officially and therefore no word on The Lone Gunmen release meant that it was behind schedule. Am I right in thinking that word of all the releases came from Mark himself? I'm sure we have know about the XF since at least December of 2008 and I'm fairly sure that it was Mark who let the cat out of the bag. When you look at it like that it has been an awful long time hasn't it? Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

That´s right, Mark, it was Mark Snow himself who said on an occasion, that La-La-Land is doing a Box-Set on the X-Files and that it likely will be released in the summer of 2009. I guess MV from La-La-Land nearly had a heartattack, when he heard that :) And on this occasion, Snow also mentioned The Lone Gunmen and Harsh Realm to be released by La-La-Land. This left MV no other choice but to tell the public, that they are working on it, but they can´t name a precise release date, all dates until now where assumed dates and as we can see, they couldn´t make it in time for various reasons. But if we all didn´t know about this, they wouldn´t have to tell us time and time again that they are sorry for the delay. That´s why La-La-Land never talks about a project in public, that is still in production.

• Like 1