Lance Henriksen wins Life Career Award

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

Join with me in congratulating Lance Henriksen on winning the Life Career Award at the 35th Annual Saturn Awards organised by the Academy of Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror Films.

The highlight at the awards ceremony were the special awards presented throughout the evening. Actor Lance Henriksen received the Life Career Award for his strong body of work in film and television. Actor Ed Harris presented the award to Henriksen on stage.

Truly brilliant and very, very well deserved. Congratulations Lance.

More on the winners here and here's an image of Lance accepting his award and looking fantastic in the process. :clapping:

Eth

289a80w.jpg

Isn't it brilliant Graham?

Let's face it, no actor's mantelpiece deserves to be festooned with awards more than Lance Henriksen's. I cannot find any footage, and few photos to be honest, of the event so I have bitten the bullet and written to the Academy to see if they can help us locate any.

I shall keep my fingers crossed.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

He looks fantastic in that photo. A very well-deserved award.

I've also googled, but can't find much; though there's a nice comment on cinematical.com:

And here are the awards that make the Saturns stand out for genre fans: Lance Henriksen received the Life Career Award...

I'd love to see the video of his acceptance speech, especially what he's saying at the time that photo was taken.

Guest FrankBlack85

I would like to congratulate Lance Henriksen, on this award.

He deserves more recognition from the Movie Studio's ( FOX) and Hollywood in general.

I hope this may convince someone at FOX, that maybe Lance deserves the recognition of a major film role, that Millennium could offer.