Orobouros Startup Page

Rate this topic

Guest jediboricua

Guest jediboricua

Hi, i'm new here (not so new with Millennium), i was wondering if anyone still has the startup files that was on Shea Bennett old Millennium site, the one that you can use as your startup page in IE.

I've been looking for those files on my old diskettes but i can't find it. I already tried Google but can't remember the name of the file or the text it contains.

It was the orobouros image similar to the logon on frank's computer.

Any help will be appreciated, not only for me, but anyone here in the forum.

BTW, as everyone, ready to buy those first season DVDs...

jediboricua :yes:

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, :hello-big:

Have you tried Graham's home pages: www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk ? There's a "Download" section there that has lots of wallpapers, themes, and so on. I tend to run my computers fairly plain so I don't use these myself so I haven't explored too much what's available there. But you might find what you're looking for.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Libby and welcome to our new Member!

I was reading the above post and thought that it sounds really good - a special homepage with the Ouro and days remining (the Group Database login screen). You could even have a google search box. I might make one of those, given that the code already exists at MDUK's splash intro page.

Guest jediboricua

Thanks for your answers Old Man and Libby, yesterday i became somewhat obsessed with this and a friend of mine suggested this site www.archive.org.

There you can enter see old sites, well they did store shea's webpages, with a little tweaking i came with this files. I think they need to be modified if they're going to be used locally, but it's a start. I would like to contribute this file to other members but please give credit to Shea Bennett for these files.

Old Man, please continue with that idea that sound really great!.

Attached are the files that i was talking about...there are two wav files missing that i replaced, and here is the link to the old page:

https://web.archive.org/web/19990209021640/...t/sheamus/ouro/

ouro.zip

• Elders (Admins)

That's excellent work! Roedecker would be pleased with you! I'll have a play with this and try to create an update version or variations when the review is finished. Shea had a great idea there. Meanwhile if anyone wants to suggest any variations apart from the standard version Ouroboros and Welcome Message please submit here. Sounds like fun to me!

Guest jediboricua

Thank you Old Man, here is a screenshot from my computer desktop, i'll try to find different programs to make my desktop Millennium friendly, any ideas are welcome too.

I'll try something with StyleXP and a way to modify tbe startup screen

post-6-1089830575.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Seraphim

I think this sounds like a great idea. Glad you mentioned this jediboricua! I'd love to see an updated version.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone built a splash screen for either Mac or Winblows that would bring up the regular MM login? There was a screen saver (I probably still have it) that mimicked it, and you could even input a specific date or event in the future it could count down to. I had it counting down to the resetting of the Maya calendar.

Anyway, I don't run it as a screen saver anymore, but it would be cool to start up with the Ouroboros and get the countdown.

I wish I could have a Millenniumisitic desk top. I have wallpaper, yeah... But I'm using Windows XP and my ISP is AOL, so I don't think I can make my AOL browser window very Millenniumisitc. Have to just settle for the wallpaper.