Hello I am C Whitty

Guest C Whitty

Guest C Whitty

Hi

I was a fan of X FILES upto start of season 4 I seem to remember Scully got abducted and erm I got bored lol but in hindsight I should have stuck with it, on Virgin they have shown seasons 1-6 and I gotta say some of season 6 episodes are amazing! anyway I digress, was not interested in giving Millennium a chance because at the time I was I spose angry at tthe X files but I have just caught an episode on Zone Horror and loved it!

I will have to get all seasons on dvd boxset - but why only 3 seasons!

Also anyone here think X files 2 was good....I thought so and was really upset with the box office but seriously who releases a film set in the snow in the summer! it should have been released September + (rant over) I understand why they placed it in the theaters in the summer to pick up I guess overspill business where people JUST GO to the cinemas but it was a mistake...as was the terrible marketing.

Anyway back to Millennium any chance of a direct to dvd movie? Is Chris Carter still interested in pushing this series forward?

Hi C Whitty,

Welcome to TIWWA and here's hoping you enjoy your time around here.

Zone Horror eh? I guess that would make you another fellow Brit to add to our contingent of British Members? Like you, I began with the X-Files (I guess it's the gateway to Millennium for a lot of folk) and whilst I still enjoy X-Files it is very rare that I will make a point of watching it but Millennium is something I can watch time and time again but then I'm an enduring fan of Lance Henriksen so it was a no brainer that I would love the show.

And if you are British you lend credence to another theory of mine that X:IWTB was fairly well received here. As I have mentioned, it seemed to elicit very good reviews in the press and the majority of people I know that have seen it enjoyed the movie a lot - go online to canvas opinion and a very different picture emerges.

Any how, welcome to the board.

Eth

• Like 1
  • Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, C Whitty. What episode of Millennium did you see? Don't worry if you don't know the title, just a brief description will suffice, it's just that it's interesting to know how people get drawn into Millennium.

I almost gave up on X-Files, I think it was during season 5, but got back into it, due to reading other people's various opinions. It's worth watching the last three seasons - if they don't show them on Virgin, then you could always rent the DVDs - although there's a change in the show in the later seasons, there are still some very good episodes there.

I liked IWTB. I think there were problems in terms of when it premiered, and also that some people assumed it would be a big-budget type movie, similar to the first movie, rather than it being a more quiet and introspective movie.

As for a Millennium movie, there is a campaign that's been going for quite a while now, but it's probably best that you watch more episodes before reading up on that, because it could be confusing/spoilerish if you haven't watched many episodes.

Guest C Whitty

The episode was A Single Blade of Grass

I didnt think it was perfect but it has drawn me in - I was reading some bits about the seasons (and trying not to see spoilers) and cant wait to watch season 1 with its serial killer of the week episodes

Last night I watched Soft Light season2 X-FILES! Stunning!

I agree with you re XFILES 2 people were expecting big money scenes and the film was not about that!

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi, I wanted to wait a bit before replying, just so you had the opportunity to get settled in here (which you've done!). The episode "A Single Blade of Grass" has a backstory which some here are aware of - in that the writers themselves weren't happy with how the episode ended up in its final version.

One of the most intriguing things that so many of us here have found over time, is when people like yourself come here having only recently discovered Millennium, to see that there is a clarity and an immediacy that people new to the show find that has long escaped some of us oldies (that's not a reference to age, by the way). It is amazingly refreshing to get a perspective such as yours, and whatever my view of the episode overall I can look at it through your eyes in terms of realising that there are some wonderful and challenging scenes in every episode of Millennium, and "A Single Blade of Grass" is no exception.

Don't worry that your initial impression of this episode might be at variance with the opinions of others. Millennium is a strange show, not just in itself, but in its impact on viewers. We don't get into arguing about the merits of individual seasons, because that's potentially problematic, so we all tolerate each other's views.

Eventually, you'll get to an episode that intrigues most of us. There's a line from that episode that's appropriate here: "But, like they say, what a long, strange trip this has been." That's what Millennium is - a very strange journey through twists and turns and challenges.

I'm actually writing this not just for you, as I don't think you need much in the way of supporting as you get to know us all since you're doing more than ok with that, but for others who are just reading the forum and maybe don't feel able to join in with their views of the show. It is wonderful when people discover Millennium and come here and tell us about what they enjoy about the show.

• Like 1