Lance Hosting a Marathon

Rate this topic

Frightful programming will haunt most network schedules a full week before Halloween.

AMC, as usual, has the most ambitious -- a marathon of chilling movies. "FearFest" is slated to get under way on Oct. 23 and continue through Halloween, Oct. 31. More than 50 movies are on tap, including "The Fly," "Dracula" and "The Shining."

Three "AMC Celebrates" specials, highlighting particular cinematic contributions to the genre, will focus on the 30th anniversaries of "Alien" and "The Amityville Horror" plus the 35th anniversary of "Young Frankenstein."

Halloween will spotlight a digitally re-mastered "Night of the Living Dead," airing at 6 p.m. EDT.

Cloris Leachman, Margot Kidder, George Romero, Lance Henriksen and special-effects producer Shane Mahan will help host the marathon.

Do any of you guys in the US plan on capturing Lance's contributions to this? I would love to see what he's doing for this if anyone can help.

This is what I love about the US by the way. I checked the listings for Halloween and not one single, solitary UK channel has made any change to its usual schedule except the Most Haunted Live event on Living. It's a disgrace if you ask me.

Seriously contemplating this being my last Halloween in the UK lol

Eth

Wow, I just watched Aliens last night as well as the specials and interviews on the second disc. It was awesome seeing Lance talk about the movie. Sure hope someone can capture Lance's contribution. Thanks Joe for keeping us informed.

Seriously contemplating this being my last Halloween in the UK lol

Eth

You are always welcome here in Oklahoma my UK son.