Christmas Ten Thirteen Style

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Choose your festive treat!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:kissypoo: Hi folks :kissypoo:

After battling with a few rabid shoppers I have all about done my Christmas Shopping and the tree is going up this weekend so I'm in the mood for a little festive cheer. Out of the above list of Ten Thirteen festive episodes which is your favourite? Such a shame we never got to see a Lone Gunmen Christmas episode (which would no doubt have been crazy). Let us know your thoughts friends.

Eth

• Like 1

It's hard picking between Midnight of the Century and Omerta, they are both such good episodes. My final decision is Omerta. I picked it because it had a happy ending, and it focused on love, healing, and giving, which are the spirits of the season.

• Like 1

Guest Blueboy

I went with Midnight...For me, besides the fact that I always enjoyed and admired Darren McGavin's work, it brought the humanity of Frank and his father's relationship, and the need for reconciliation to the forefront. Life can be difficult, and often in our lives small arguments or disagreements can harm important relationships forever. It's important to have the integrity to step back, reassess, and then make an effort to reintegrate those in our lives that we may have put out for whatever reason. The beauty of Midnight is that there is a quality of sincerity prevalent in the episode, and Frank's eventual understnading of not only his own pain, but that of his fathers too, lights the star on my Millennium tree. It's a great episode and one I recommend for anyone that wants their heart touched by a simple television show.

Well I voted for Midnight of the Century as it's simply a beautiful piece of television. I am surprised that there are no votes at all for the X-Files' Christmas episodes. I rather like The Ghosts Who Stole Christmas which is just a bit of harmless Yuletide fun. I can't recall what I thought of Christmas Carol/Emily as it's been so long since I re-watched those episodes so perhaps I should give them another viewing this Christmas.

Eth

• Like 1

I wonder who made the decision for no christmas story in season two?? :ouro:

Do you mean Season One Walkabout? S2 had Midnight of the Century and S3 had Omerta? I'm just guessing that season one wasn't entertaining those types of stories until S2 tinkered with the format to allow stories like Midnight and Omerta. That said, films like Don't Open 'Till Christmas are a great example of how a S1 Christmas episode could have been realised without being too 'out there'.

Eth

I totally agree with all of your comments about Midnight of the Century, it really is a work of art, and one of the best episodes.

Omerta is special to me personally, and even if I stay the only person who voted for it, that's okay, I'm sticking with it. I was especially touched by Jordan's healing and seeing the peace in Frank's heart because of it. That's why I love The Sound of Snow, it brought healing to Frank.

Do you mean Season One Walkabout? S2 had Midnight of the Century and S3 had Omerta? I'm just guessing that season one wasn't entertaining those types of stories until S2 tinkered with the format to allow stories like Midnight and Omerta. That said, films like Don't Open 'Till Christmas are a great example of how a S1 Christmas episode could have been realised without being too 'out there'.

Eth

:oops::woot::wacko: had that dvd mixed up with season one dvds :eyes: thanks :rofl::ouro:

Another vote for Midnight of the Century.It's such a moving episode for me.That said,I love How the Ghosts Stole Christmas Eth.I'll never forget my wife and I watching it for the first time.Loads of fun!

• Like 1