Been away awhile

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

Hello to all TIWWA-ers from a long-time but recently absent member. Finally got a broadband internet hookup at home so visiting here and other sites isn't so time consuming. Have a bit of a physical problem right now -- broke my left ankle in 3 places on Jan. 2 and have been pretty much immobilized since then. Had to have surgery to pin the bones but that had to be postponed for 3 weeks while soft-tissue trauma healed over so that it wouldn't contribute to possible deep tissue, or heaven forbid, bone infection. Starting to come back now though, waiting for the doc to say I can start trying to bear weight on the left leg again.

I'll try to be a little more faithful memeber and visit more often in the future.

BTW, MM on DVD really helps get through the long hours of confinement such as I had initially with this broken ankle. You just need a good helper who can change out the disks when needed.

• Elders (Moderators)

That sounds really painful, SC. When the weather was bad here I kept mostly indoors because I didn't want to slip on the ice/snow and break something. I'm perfectly capable of spending most of my time reading, watching DVDs (and on the internet), but if I have no choice but to do that it drives me up the wall.

I realised it was some time since you'd been here and I missed your postings. I'm glad you've got broadband at home now - hopefully there's plenty here to keep you entertained in between MM DVDs.

Good to have to you back. Hope your ankle continues to improve.

• Like 1

Welcome back Wayne, you've been missed. Hope you are up and around real soon.

Trust me Libby, it is painful, speaking from experience. Broke my left ankle in Dec. 08 and seriously sprained the right ankle so I ended up in a wheel chair for 3 months.

• Like 1

Hi Celt,

It's wonderful to have you home and allow me to say how sorry I am for the problems you have faced. Here's hoping the worst is over. I'm certainly looking forward to more of youre wonderful links to the world of weird which we have all missed.

Welcome home!

Eth

• Like 1
  • Elders (Admins)

Welcome back Wayne, I'm so sorry to have heard of your accident and I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I've heard before that broken ankles and wrists are extremely painful, so you have my full sympathy.

Glad you have a broadband connection to get back online!

• 2 weeks later...