The Wild And The Innocent

Rate this topic

Guest MurmuredDream

In some ways, it is a typical Millennium episode in that it has a killer who appears to have some serial killer characeristics.

But he is not the "Killer" of the show, with the focus being more of a vigilante type, non-Legion killer.

I was initially going to say how different this episode is from the rest of the first season, but it's not. It seemd to fit in, but the characters the the parts they play tend to add variety to the show.

It's not my favorite either, but it still works as a good episode.

I would say this is one of the more "real life" episodes, getting back to that variety spiel I just gave!

• 9 years later...

I wasn't really fond of this episode, personally. Maybe I might like it more on a rewatch.

Also, did anyone else feel kinda bad for Gilroy? I know he was complete and utter scum, but he was kidnapped, held in a car trunk, possibly shot (I forgot if that happened), and left to drown while held in said car trunk. That's some pretty awful stuff.

I feel like it might not be too crazy, given Lamentation, where Dr. Fabricant went through such horrors that someone who knew about and was disgusted by his crimes was disturbed.

I didn't feel bad for Gilroy.   He either killed  the girls mom then tried to rape her, and maybe he was the father of her baby?  Because her boyfriend didn't act fatherly, kept calling Angel Her baby, not his, not theirs.     He was a bad dude.  REmember, he sold the baby  and used the money to buy a big screen TV.

Edited by seesthru
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2009 at 5:23 AM, The Old Man said:

Its funny how this episode tends to be a love/hate thing with its viewers and fans of the show. I have always liked it, I love the characters, Maddie's voice overs, the settings and the music in particular. I always have a sympathy with Maddie, a dislike and at times a hatred for Bobbie. So I guess the episode worked for me. You either love or hate this type of story and its characters, and I love road movies anyway.

Yes on the music! Death Prayer is one of my favorite pieces from the show!