Lance Henriksen in "The Wizard Of Oz" remake.

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

I had to share this video with you folks as it's my favourite Youtube clip at the moment.

Here's a behind the scenes clip from this movie in which Lance (Henry Gale) is required to do his thing whilst holding a cat. Easy right? Not with this particular cat it isn't. It just goes to show the old adage is true: never work with children or animals.

So here we are - Lance vs Cat.

Eth

Now I'm excited......

If you pop over to this link folks you can view "Witches of Oz: First Look", a small featurette taking you behind the scenes of the making of the film with a few shots from the completed feature. I have to be honest it looks superb and I really think this is shaping up to be a fantastic little project. As they are going for a 3D release I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will actually get a theatrical release rather than result in a direct to DVD release.

Anyhow check out the link and enjoy. :thumbsup:

Eth

• 1 month later...

HI guys,

New footage has made its way on to the internet from this film and shows a news report detailing the attack of the killer monkeys.

Here's a little blurb that came with the new footage:

The film was written and directed by Leigh Scott. Not familiar with his work? Sure you are — he's one of The Asylum's regulars, and he wrote and directed Transmorphers, the shadow Transformers film. We're not 100% sure when this film will be coming out — but what we do know is Ethan Embry, of Can't Hardly Wait fame, plays someone named Frick, Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee) plays Frack, and Christopher Lloyd is the Wizard of Oz. Done and done.

Eagerly looking forward to a release date for this.

Eth

• 6 months later...

witches_of_oz_ver4.jpg

I've just heard that post-production on this film is now complete and it's only a matter of time before reaches DVD. I don't know about you guys but if the film is anywhere near as good as the poster you can be sure this is going to be absolutely wonderful.

Eth

Yup, that's right. Leigh Scott (director) confirmed the film is completed and set for release early 2011 with a limited theatrical release in a small number U.S. theaters on February 18th, 2011. As far as I am aware, there are two versions of the film with the theaters being able to select whether to show the longer or shorter edit of it. I would imagine this is set for an anaglyph transfer (the old red/blue 3D effect) to DVD right? I don't think they are able to replicate the newer 3D effect on DVD as far as I know.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

The first artwork and teaser looked very nice so I'm really looking forward to the movie (even if Lance's role isn't a big one I guess).

But I'm suprised that they don't aim for a bigger theatrical release. I mean it's looking pretty nice and...expensive. And it's 3D and everyone (except for me) seems to like it these days. So why not trying to get a bigger audience?

I get the feeling it's a matter of finance. The more theatres it is shown in the more money is needed to finance the prints. A number of independent productions test the water this way. A limited run of prints are sent to theatres and then if the response is poor - no harm done. If, however, the response, and reviews, are great then further prints are ordered and all is well.

I would expect this to do really well regardless of who is in it. Like you said, the 3D thing hasn't yet grown tired and let's face it this is a very popular franchise. An 'Oz' film should generate a lot of interest 'just because'.

I think this could well be one of Lance's most widely seen roles of recent times.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Like the poster a lot. I thought that looked like Christopher Lloyd in the centre.

Longer cut on DVD if possible please. Possibility of more Lance screen time. :thumbsup: