Darin Morgan - Millennium

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Dear friends,

Another great article from our friend Jen over at MitchPileggi.net with this one featuring the great Darin Morgan talking about his work on the show. I particularly enjoyed the part where he discusses his episodes being a reaction to what the critics were saying about the character of Frank Black. An enjoyable read. You can download the article here and I hope you will leave some kudos for Jen.

Eth

There are only two pages and the end of the second page suggests the article is much longer than that, at least one page more.

But so far, a great read.

You are right my friend. I didn't realise. I have heaps of stuff on my hardrive and it's taking me ages to bring order to chaos but I am going to be sharing scans and articles with you all all week so I will definitely have the third part of the interview out by the end of the week.

If I can't find it I will make it up myself and do something in Photoshop. :whistling:

Sorry about that folks.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I've uploaded the un-rar'd files to my website:

https://www.chelonium.plus.com/tiwwa/

and while I was at it, I thought I'd upload some Word docs which are M&W interviews/articles by Paula Vitaris. From memory, these were extended versions of the magazine articles that Paula made available at the time.

Thank you so much Libby. I have a cup of coffee to hand and I am about to dive into those interviews. I am really looking forward to this. I wonder what ever became of her? She was such a prominent supporter of their work wasn't she?

Eth

PS I will definitely get the third part up as soon as I find. I am just resizing a nice Megan Gallagher interview for tomorrow.

:oneeyedwinK

I've uploaded the un-rar'd files to my website:

https://www.chelonium.plus.com/tiwwa/

and while I was at it, I thought I'd upload some Word docs which are M&W interviews/articles by Paula Vitaris. From memory, these were extended versions of the magazine articles that Paula made available at the time.

Thanks a lot Jen and Libby! This is enriching a certain project of mine that I'm working actively on right now... :oneeyedwinK

I'm intrigued: how do theses versions differ from those published at Cinefantastique? How did you get hold of them? Did Paula Vitaris post them on the internet somehow?

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi, Oro,

As far as I can recall, they are longer versions than the ones published in Cinefantastique. I downloaded them from a website that posted them there with Paula's permission. I'm pretty sure it was a Morgan & Wong fan site but I can't find it or, in fact, any Morgan & Wong fan sites.

Guest RodimusBen

I'm anxious to read the rest of this. I can't agree with Darin Morgan's interpretation of the first season, but obviously his efforts to broaden the palette of Millennium were quite successful.

Hi, Oro,

As far as I can recall, they are longer versions than the ones published in Cinefantastique. I downloaded them from a website that posted them there with Paula's permission. I'm pretty sure it was a Morgan & Wong fan site but I can't find it or, in fact, any Morgan & Wong fan sites.

Libby, you're right! You're referring to the site "Morgan & Wong Online", which sadly went off line a few years ago. However it's still accessible via archive.org, and that's where I found the relevant page with the Paul Vitaris interviews. I didn't remember this, but it's indeed stated that a select few of the articles are "[LONGER UNEDITED VERSION , courtesy of Paula]"! Great find! :clapping: