Gemini Rising and Shriekfest 2010

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Just a reminder. Not my photo. I wasn't able to fly out to this film fest, sadly. Too liitle notice and not enough dough. :-(

LOL, beerbelch! Thankfully I don't look like Woody Harrelson since I'm missing that pesky Y chromosome and all. ;-)

Mark, I haven't been able to find a thing on Gemini Rising either. There was a book by that name in the 1980s, but this may have nothing to do with the film.

BEER---> Big OOPS- teedub! Didn't look to your profile. God, I hope you don't look like Harelson.

BELCH

Guest teedub

before IMDb was upgraded there was noted the he was sometimes credited as Lance Henricksen so its probly a common mistype that wasn't always corrected. :ouroborous:

It's surprising, though, that a mistype could make it all the way to the opening and closing credits of a film. His name is misspelled on screen in "Lost Voyage."

Guest teedub

BEER---> Big OOPS- teedub! Didn't look to your profile. God, I hope you don't look like Harelson.

BELCH

LOL! Keeping my fingers crossed that it *stays* that way. :biggrin:

Now I quite like John Savage and some of his work so that's encouraging. I'm not familiar with Amy Hathaway so I had a glance at her IMDB Page and I'm still none the wiser. Very pretty lady though. I've discovered that it is being produced by Alexander Nevskyit and also stars David Vesico, Eliza Dushku, Gabriel Mann, James MacPherson and Brian Krause (and of course a lady with implants) and it is a SyFy production with a filming schedule of three weeks.

Eth

Guest teedub

it is a SyFy production

Groan! :death:

with a filming schedule of three weeks.

Then they should be wrapping up this week because Lance's first day of work was September 15th.

(and of course a lady with implants)

LOLOL! :laugh:

I feel your pain Teedub. It pains me to say it but I simply cannot sit through SyFy films. I have tried, Lord knows I've tried, but they are simply incapable of making a good film. I know the films are low budget but I have watched films made on a micro-budget where every single dollar has made it to the screen in the best way possible and the script has received love and attention and the cast are doing anything other than phoning in their performances and none of that can be said about any of the films that come from SyFy. I'm pretty sure I almost lost the will to live during "Bats: Human Harvest" (yup, it really is as good as it sounds) when I first caught it.

That said, Lance will no doubt elevate a substandard affair above and beyond the call of duty. :thumbsup:

Eth

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a minor update to what we know about Gemini Rising. This chap, who I haven't heard of, also stars in the film. He has made an update of his resume recently to state that. Check out Dave Vesico's Myspace page as he also states that he has a major supporting role in the project.

I've also been told a little more about the plot of the film and it involves Lance and his crew capturing an alien life form which they keep imprisoned aboard The Gemini Rising. It's not much but a little something more and I am told this thread is being used as a source of news for the film which is a great testament for what folks here have discovered.

As this is a SyFy production we can also elusively reveal the alien design that will be used on the film. In fact I am told this is the actual costume. :whistling:

cardboard-animation-sjors-vervoort.png

As this is a SyFy production we can also elusively reveal the alien design that will be used on the film. In fact I am told this is the actual costume. :whistling:

I see they spared no expense. :pumpkin2:

I have no confirmation, but as this doesn't look like any film I've seen to date, I *think* this might be from the set of "Gemini Rising." If I can find confirmation, I'll edit this post. GAH, Lance looks awesome!!

72224_445669971492_594461492_5733041_314956_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing Teedub. That's a super find and I would agree with you that it's most likely from the film.

I discovered the film was written by Michael Todd who's previous writing credits were on "Stop It, You're Killing Me" from 2000. I believe he also played a number of roles in that film. It only has one review at IMDB but it's a favourable review which bodes well.

If any more pics come your way be sure to share them, we really enjoy seeing them.

Eth