Gillian Anderson Worst Dress at 1999 Golden Globe Awards

Rate this topic

Wasn't sure where to post this but when I saw the "Lifestyle" I figured it went along with the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous."

The Golden Globe Awards website has posted "Golden Globe Awards Best and Worst Dressed of Years Past," with our Gillian Anderson voted in 1999 as one of the worst dressed.

Here's the link to the first page of 34 images starting with Jennifer Aniston.

https://omg.yahoo.com...2317-slideshow/

I tried to post the link to Gillian Anderson's page but when I tested it I was directed to page 1 of the slideshow. Sorry, you will have to scroll through to find her. It won't take long because you can view all 34 thumbnails and then click on hers. Here's what they said on her page.

WORST: Forget aliens. The real unsolved mystery is why "X-Files" star Gillian Anderson wore this matronly mess to the 56th Annual Golden Globe Awards in 1999.

• Elders (Moderators)

Gillian Anderson is well known for her "creative" choice of clothing at times (sometimes even to the surprise of her most devoted fans). I think she dresses according to her mood. I wouldn't really describe that dress as matronly, but it's Hollywood, where nothing is really real. (And perfect perky boobs usually owe a lot more to technology than biology.)

She seems to be pretty much her own person who decides for herself how much she plays the Hollywood game (though that's remotely, given that she lives in the UK).

Her brother died last year last year from a genetic condition: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8971145/Gillian-Anderson-When-he-was-just-30-my-brother-was-prepared-to-die.html. That reality probably has played into her attitude that 15 seconds on a red carpet displaying "the wares" means nothing much in comparison with real life.

Thanks Randee, I agree. The red carpet is an ego trip along with the award shows. I can say that because I was raised out there and met a ga-zillion of them. I have no doubts that sometimes women dress in a hideous dress just to draw attention. Kind of like, better to be on the worst dressed list then on no list at all.