Millennium Drums

Several years ago, I found an on-line sound file of the Millennium Drums that you could tie into your computer's clock so that it would beat at the top and bottom of every hour. Is this program still available anywhere? And please.... "My name's not Franklin!" lol!

BEER----> Way back in the 90's there was an email group that I belonged to. We discussed the show right after it was aired (stayed up real late some Fridays). One of the members (Kevin) was kind of the leader. He made some great CDs (mainly musical some script) of all the episodes. I'll have to get them out and relisten to them again. The 'Drums' were always there.

BELCH

I remember on my old computer I saved 'sound bytes' of McGyver sayings and then you could use them instead of the microsoft default sounds....like when you open a site or email or when you shut down your computer but I never remember having a sound for the clock. I would think it would become annoying like digital watches that chime every hour.

• Elders (Admins)

Several years ago, I found an on-line sound file of the Millennium Drums that you could tie into your computer's clock so that it would beat at the top and bottom of every hour. Is this program still available anywhere? And please.... "My name's not Franklin!" lol!

Hi,

Good news... I think you are referring to John Walker's Millennium Screendaver which has an hourly and half-hourly option to chime the Millennium Bells.

It has the following options:

Chime at hour

If this box is checked, the two-beat "drum of doom" sounds every hour, on the hour.

Chime at half hour

Checking this box causes a single beat from the drum of doom to herald the half-hour mark.

You can find it here in our Downloads section:

Regards,

Graham

• Elders (Moderators)

What a clever idea. Perhaps I should be using that, as a frequent reminder of how much time I actually spend sitting at the computer! (Instead of doing housework.)

• Like 1

Thanks Graham, you're the greatest ! !

Libby, I think we all need a reminder of how much time we spend on the computer. We'r sitting here instead of doing anything else, forget housework. I could be at the lake right now, but no, I'm in front of this thing.

• Like 1