A little piece of "Luminary" nearby

Rate this topic

A few miles from my house, there is this really cool ravine (a somewhat challenging climb, mind you!) with a creek at the bottom. It was nowhere near as big (nor probably as cold) as the river Frank and Alex fell in, but it reminds me of the wonderful locations they used for Luminary. The first pic is about halfway down the ravine, with the creek visible at the bottom. The second and third are the creek with a neat little waterfall. The fourth is a look at the other side of the ravine I climbed back up with more loose rocks and less trees to hold on to.

rock2.gif

post-4299-0-73222400-1341428910_thumb.jppost-4299-0-37761300-1341428929_thumb.jppost-4299-0-54584300-1341428948_thumb.jppost-4299-0-08166700-1341428969_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I see the word "Luminary" and I get excited. It's the beginning of my email address.

Great pictures, and would love to this it in person. Pictures never do nature's beauty justice. So peaceful looking. Thanks for sharing. Have you posted them in the gallery yet?

• Elders (Moderators)

Those are really interesting photos. What with you and also Mandi posting photos of your local environment, there is a part of me that's envious, but as I've always lived in the same suburban town I was born in, where even the local wildlife areas have carefully maintained and sensible walkways, I know I wouldn't cope very well with walking in your ravine. But it's lovely to look through your eyes and your camera.