By The Numbers: 9

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Richard,

I have seen "Omerta" and whilst it is a whimsical little episode "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" is a masterclass in how to write perfect television. It's one of those rare scripts where there is a stoke of genius in every single line of dialogue committed to paper.

A genius like Darin Morgan should have had a show of his own long ago but I accept that genius doesn't work to a schedule and that he has to be inspired to put pen to paper.

He hasn't written anything for a very long time though has he? That's a crying shame.

Eth

• Like 1

Exactly and it seems he is no longer working as an executive producer on Fringe. It is truly criminal to see a man of his talent not doing more but having said that I get the feeling that that's more down to personal choice than anything else. I know Glen spoke about wanting him to write for Space: Above and Beyond but Darin didn't want to, asking to work on Millennium instead. I am keeping my fingers crossed that if Gunplay is still going ahead that Darin will write for the show. It could be criminal not to have that man's writing work back on the screen.

Eth

• Like 1

I didn't realize Darin Morgan was an executive producer on Fringe...interesting...

Anyway, I think I have to pick Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense, purely for the entertainment value. While the others are solid episodes, you just can't beat Rocket McGrane goin' for the groin! :D

• Like 1

Lance absolutely shone in that episode and to think that he had major reservations about it in the first place. I can see why though, as Rob Shearman noted in his book, this really was Darin Morgan's send up of Millennium itself and whilst the X-Files had established the flexibility for episodes that had large amounts of self-awareness, Millennium had not, at that point, ventured far from the format.

I also remember reading Lance talking about how he would love to do more comedy. He asserts that this is not because he thinks he is funny but because it is something he hasn't had the chance to do very much of. Based on this episode alone that's something I would love to see.

And additional kudos for the single best death scene in any show, ever. A dying Jose Chung remarking on behalf of the audience how amazing Peter's tache is much to a much bemused Frank Black. Bliss.

Eth

• Like 1