Basking In The Afterglow Of Luminary

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest blondton13
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe the whole reason for writing the episode in this way was to create the very analyses on the part of the viewers that are going on in this discussion?   :u_thinking02y:

well, of course!! :yes: What else would we do otherwise?  :rofl:

Hey, just noticed this makes 200 for me!!! :clapping:  :bogie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats, Southern Celt!! :clapping:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Congrats on number 200. By the way, is there anywhere you can go to see the list of milestones? Not that i would ever post just for that, but I just looked and it seems as though somewhere along the line i was promoted from law inforcement officer to candidate. By the way, I never noticed this before, is this spell check a new feature, or have i just been blind as a bat until now?

Guest blondton13
Congrats on number 200. By the way, is there anywhere you can go to see the list of milestones? Not that i would ever post just for that, but I just looked and it seems as though somewhere along the line i was promoted from law inforcement officer to candidate. By the way, I never noticed this before, is this spell check a new feature, or have i just been blind as a bat until now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you click on Help at the very top, it has a section on promotions, member names, and what constitutes a change in title. As for the spell check, that was added I believe last week. The Old Man is encouraging those who need it to use it so posts will be easier to read for all... :wink:

Yeah, the Old Man has been very vigilant lately in upgrading this site...ya never know...you might come back tomorrow to all new stuff! :rofl: Old Man is definitely on the ball in keeping this site as techologically advanced as allowable. Welcome to our world! Remember, this is....who we are. :wtf::ouro:

Also check out the RSS feed at the top...brings updates right to your computer about different websites-there is an explanatory post by The Old Man..sounds interesting, I just might install it myself.

Edited by blondton13

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
If you click on Help at the very top, it has a section on promotions, member names, and what constitutes a change in title. As for the spell check, that was added I believe last week. The Old Man is encouraging those who need it to use it so posts will be easier to read for all... :wink:

Yeah, the Old Man has been very vigilant lately in upgrading this site...ya never know...you might come back tomorrow to all new stuff! :rofl:  Old Man is definitely on the ball in keeping this site as techologically advanced as allowable. Welcome to our world! Remember, this is....who we are. :wtf:  :ouro:

Also check out the RSS feed at the top...brings updates right to your computer about different websites-there is an explanatory post by The Old Man..sounds interesting, I just might install it myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh, thank you. That was very informative. I remember seeing that I was a law enforcement agent, and I am a candidate now, but I don't remember whether or not I noticed being an FBI agent. I will be sure to pay more attention from now on. I also have two Ouro's now!!! Just adds to the fun and enjoyment of posting here. :yes:

I just got a new CD; John Denver's 'Wlderness Concert'. For those not familiar with him he was a singer mostly of the 70's and 80's and was killed flying his own airplane a few years back. He was very much an envirementlist and loved 'wild places'. One of his early hits makes me think of 'Luminary'.

Rocky Mt High

He was born in the summer of his 27th year,

Comin home to a place he'd never been before,

He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again,

might say he found the key for every door.

When he first came to the mountains his life was far away,

on the road and hangin by a song,

But the strings is already broken and and he doesn't really care

keeps changin fast , it don't last for long.

Colorado Rocky mt high,

I've seen it raining fire in the sky.

Shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby.

Rocky mt high, Rocky mt. high.

There is much more to the song [its a long song] and all very 'Luminary'.

I just got a new CD; John Denver's 'Wlderness Concert'

BEER---> Yes, John Denver was a great singing artist, he was a pretty good actor too. I guess he went out the way he would have wanted to, flying - in an experimental plane.

BELCH

Guest SouthernCelt
I just got a new CD;  John Denver's 'Wlderness Concert'. For those not familiar with him he was a singer mostly of the 70's and 80's and was killed flying his own airplane a few years back.  He was very much an envirementlist and loved 'wild places'. One of his early hits makes me think of 'Luminary'.

Rocky Mt High

He was born in the summer of his 27th year,

Comin home to a place he'd never been before,

He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again,

might say he found the key for every door.

When he first came to the mountains his life was far away,

on the road and hangin by a song,

But the strings is already broken and and he doesn't really care

keeps changin fast , it don't last for long.

Colorado Rocky mt high,

I've seen it raining fire in the sky.

Shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby.

Rocky mt high, Rocky mt. high.

There is much more to the song [its a long song] and all very 'Luminary'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never posted anything about that song but you're RIGHT ON. :s_thumbup:

The first time I listened to one of his albums with that song after I saw the episode I had the same realization.