Kolchak Series To Dvd 10/4/05

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak

Guest Kolchak
Patience guys!

The 20 episode DVD set is now out in the states. I saw it at Best Buy at lunch today, but I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon. It still hasn't shipped yet.

Has anyone picked it up yet? I'm curoius about the picture and sound quality. After all, it has been 30 years.

The 20 episode DVD set is now out in the states. I saw it at Best Buy at lunch today, but I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon. It still hasn't shipped yet.

Has anyone picked it up yet? I'm curoius about the picture and sound quality. After all, it has been 30 years.

Kolchak..i was first in line yesterday when it was released. Couldn't wait until i got it home. Here are the particulars..

3 discs - 20 episodes in total...

there is NO ARTWORK on the individual DVD's....episodes are on BOTH sides of the disc, thats how they fit 7-8 on each one. Caught me a little by surprise, and frankly, i found this to be as if they were trying to do this the cheapest way possible. I would have loved to have had some artwork in trade off for a total of 6-7 discs. Very straight forward menu applications as well.

Quality is as good as it can be for the time period. You can tell its a 70's era show, at times it is a bit grainy, but the sound is done very well.

It was a good ol' trip down memory lane watching these episodes, seeing actors who are still doing stuff today so young was memorable, particularily in the "Werewolf" episode which stars Eric Braeden (Victor on The Young and The Restless) and Dick Gautier (Heimi the Robot on Get Smart). Best of all? The great one liners so pervasive thoroughout each episode and that god-awful blue suit and straw hat that are his trademark.

I guess with maturity comes expectations, but i don't remember some of these episodes being so corny..the costumes, silly growls, etc, then again, in a kind of weird way, it doesn't demean or take away for what the show was all about..i have watched the first 8 episodes already and its joyous and wonderful to experience the attraction again...

a most worthy addition to any collection....

The Fouth Horseman

Guest Kolchak
Well I got mine today........i cant wait to watch it

My copy finally showed up on Saturday. At last I was able to see the 4 non-sydicated episodes. Boy was I missing out all these years. All 4 were pretty good, but Demon In Lace may be my new favorite episode.