Lamentations With Principalites And Powers

Rate this topic

How I wish MLLM would have stayed on this theme - the fight of Frank Black against evil. The demon/Lucy/someguy at the top of the stairs is classic horror TV. The "angel" that came to send the pepper/lucy/murderer character away was mysterious and powerful. How I would love to know more about this character and his relationship to Lucy and evil.

• Elders (Admins)

Yep, these were two great episodes and when you consider how Millennium was promoted to being about serial killers and murders increasing activity towards the Millennium, I still thank my lucky stars that these episodes appeared in Season One. Truly brilliant story lines and photography. Lamentation watched late at night is a hair raising experience to be savored. I would have loved to see more of the Angels/Demons/Legion theme explored in a fourth Season. I'm sure it would have been incredible.

Yep, these were two great episodes and when you consider how Millennium was promoted to being about serial killers and murders increasing activity towards the Millennium, I still thank my lucky stars that these episodes appeared in Season One. Truly brilliant story lines and photography. Lamentation watched late at night is a hair raising experience to be savored. I would have loved to see more of the Angels/Demons/Legion theme explored in a fourth Season. I'm sure it would have been incredible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just one more reason I don't eat kidneys.

LOL! :puke:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old Man, or anyone of my fellow group members...yes, PPTD is probably my favorite off ALL MM episodes as well as one of the most well told struggle that goes on everyday in the realm of angels and demons.

I dont know if all of you caught this one, maybe its just me being especially sensitive about these things, but you all remember the lawyer's first name in PPTD?

It was Alistair Pepper.

Now, in the episode "Kingdom Come" there was a character with the last name Crowley..

put the two together and you have Alistair Crowley - we all know who he was..although he spelled his first name Aleister, still the lawyer in PPTD clearly stated his name was the same, and even made reference that he goes by Al because "The name... carries some... notoriety in certain circles".

That, and the religious overtones that "Kingdom Come" had just has me wondering....any thoughts?? please keep them nice, i am still a candidate :oneeyedwinK and would hate to be shunned by the group, it would just kill me :doh:

Guest arcanamundi
Someome quicly remind me who Crowly was so I'm not embarrased!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crowley was the brilliant, notorious Englishman who was one of the most influential occultists of the 20th century. The Great Beast, 666, as he liked to style himself, was a Victorian bad boy who enjoyed blowing people's minds but who, by today's standards, is probably no worse than your typical rock star, some of whom were inspired by him. The most famous is probably Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin. David Bowie was into Crowley at one point. Ozzy Osbourne, who facetiously styles himself The Prince of !@$#*%@ Darkness, wrote the song "Mr. Crowley". Also, Crowley shows up on the cover of the Beatles' Sgt. Peppers album, as one of the people they liked.

As far as modern occultists go, I'd put him up there in the top three, along with Blavatsky and Gurdjieff.

1013 loves to use his name in their occult tales for the wicked connotations it holds; I believe there is an X-Files episode that is set at Crowley High School.

I've read more than a little of Crowley's writings, and contrary to the popular image, esp. among Christian fundies, he was not a Satanist.