Single Blade Of Grass

Rate this topic

Ah! A Serious man of Millennium you are (meant in only positive tones!)

I believe you are capable of some wonderful throw-away nights of popcorn and Millennium and some scholarly moments watching intently with a pen in hand: and that is the real beauty of it. It is interesting you note Monty Python, they, like many British Comedic Gods' had a rich and wild grasp of the whimsical and the macabre, the light and the sludge-like-dark, preposterousness and stark poignancy. The point is duality, light and dark in one recipe, the experience of one fueling a yearning for the other. If I had to judge you by your words alone your messages are peppered with profundity and irreverence, slang and poetry, Bible and 101 One Liners. As far as balance goes you have it clinched. I believe we could all have a beer and a laugh with you and a real nitpick though theology in between the gags.

On that note:

Brian: You are all individuals!

Crowd: YES, YES, WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS!

Brian: You are all different!

Crowd: YES, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!

Lone Voice: I'm not!

Person next to him: SHH!

Till then,

ethsnafu

post-1185-1117537668_thumb.jpg

I like your sig... though I admit it strikes me as solemn, making me think 'this is one serious dude about Millennium' -- but I think the reason for that is because I can't help hearing Philip Baker Hall's voice resonant as a funeral bell in my mind when I read the words.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, horsemen is one of the best posters on this forum, dont let him fool you, if you see a topic started by him, its a good bet it will be interesting, hes a true fan of the show and knows the episodes inside and out. hes prone to rambling but then again im probably the worst on the forum about rambling so i cant talk..lol, sorry horsemen just telling the gospel. :grin:

lol, horsemen is one of the best posters on this forum, dont let him fool you, if you see a topic started by him, its a good bet it will be interesting, hes a true fan of the show and knows the episodes inside and out. hes prone to rambling but then again im probably the worst on the forum about rambling so i cant talk..lol, sorry horsemen just telling the gospel. :grin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gunslinger...Lord, i was born a ramblin man.....yes, i get a bit wordy at times, but at 47 years of age, when the thoughts DO come, you have to write as fast as you can...I probably do pay attention to each episode more than i should. Corpses that are still breathing (Single Blade of Grass, Goodbye Charlie), addresses reversed (The Beginning and the End), the vailed reference to the pilot episode in Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense when he picks up a book that is titled "Dance on the blood dimmed tide", things like that. Obsessed? I would have to answer that in the negative.

The issues that MillenniuM deal with, prophecy, Nostradameus, angels, demons, have been and continue to be relevant, even to a certain extent, timeless. Ten years from now, (hopefully we will have a movie by then tying up the loose ends), these issues will STILL be germane, for it told of a time before a great moment in all of our lives, the year 2000, when there was a great persage, a portent if you will of dread and uncertaintly concerning the new millennium. The great planetary alignment on 5/5/2000, the first in 6,000 years, issues such as these, brought forth in such close proximety to each other, culled from our souls those voices, whispering of fearsome events to come, signifying that "The time was truely near".

How many ran to the hills to escape the cataclysmic events prophecised to happen?, how many stocked up on food, water, neccessities, determined to be amongst the "survivors" left behind?

These are but two of the myriad of responses humans possessed at that time..wanting to delay, postpone, rescind the inevitable...to terminate the coming events that they had no control over....

It was truely a remarkable, frightening, hysterical, and yet enlightening moment in our history.

This is what pulls me to the call of MillenniuM because I remember having, at different times prior to the year 2000, all of these feelings...This is why the show is so very special to me. I am able to look back at that particular time in life when all the events of the last 1000 years were coming to pass, when man possessed a most palpable sense of dread and uncertainty, a sense of wonder at the great abominable voices foretelling woeful events to come....when i had fleeting thoughts of "The time is now".....when i truely believed there would be a "great gnashing of teeth"...

This is Who We Are...

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

regards...

The Fourth Horseman....

Guest SouthernCelt
Gunslinger...Lord, i was born a ramblin man.....

And apparently a fan of good ole Southern rock and roll!! Gotta love it. :guitar:

Horseman....let me chime in to say....

I think your signature should stay. It's reflective of your "on-line-personality", and your roll in TIWWA. It doesn't MEAN you're "dark". It's just an expression of your inner artistic self. Thanks for being you.

Horseman....let me chime in to say....

I think your signature should stay.  It's reflective of your "on-line-personality", and your roll in TIWWA.  It doesn't MEAN you're "dark".  It's just an expression of your inner artistic self.  Thanks for being you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raven Wolf...always a pleasure to see you on the board...Thanks for the support...I try, in my time on this board to bring a degree of intelligent, thought-provoking, factual posts, with the added flavor of humor at times.. There are many of you whom i correspond with on a personal matter outside the board (you know who you are) that i defer to in most cases. You have enlightened me far more than i could have ever imagined or hoped for. In that regards, my gift is an ability to paint a picture with words on life's canvass, hopefully in an articulate and substantive manner...

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman...

Guest arcanamundi
Thanks for your thoughts....I dont really define myself as "one serious dude about MillenniuM".....No one should read into my signature of Rev 6:8 or my Till the Last Change...Be Done...as representing a person whose life revolves at one with MillenniuM...it is after all ENTERTAINMENT...it just happens to touch on so many subjects that have interested both myself and other members of TIWWA for some time...

In all seriousness, i am just as capable of quoting Monty Python as the Bible..after a few pints they get all jumbled together in some very hilarious sequences....so i just thought that i would try to show i am not as dark as some of you think...

am i right ethsnafu? Gunslinger?...help me here......

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most certainly my friend. I only offer my impressions. I altogether enjoy your eloquent posts and your on-line persona, and here in the sanctuary of TIWWA I wouldn't want you any other way! :grouphug: