Hello, and you may not like this

Guest CrusaderFrank

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB - its not that those of us who harbor the opinion that S2 was not AS GOOD as S1 are casting flaming arrows of aspersion on M&W for S2...if anyone wants to hurl darts of "blame" then let Carter be the pin cushion.

Its quite obvious that he lost control or interest due to his heavy involvement with the X-files movie at the time..

AGAIN, for those of you who have S3, please defer to the interviews on disc 6. There you will find it VERY DIFFICULT to find ANY interview that catagorically describes the atmosphere as harmonious..

Lance and nearly every writer, director involved are very, very guarded in their responses, but its not too difficult to read between the lines as to their displeasure over the direction S2 took...M&W have even said interviews that they were determined to change the essence of MNM because they thought S1 was too dark...

All of these questions we have could have been answered had M&W not declined to be interviewed for the DVD release...but again, whether or not S1, S2, or S3 is a favorite, its all subject to each individuals tastes and concepts...

as a matter of fact, some of the BEST episodes came out of S2, however, the OVERALL emphasis of the entire season was obviously something that Carter was displeased with, but then again, really, how much room does he have to complain when in the interviews after S3 he admits to not having seen hardly any of S2? And what about Wright, Johannssen, and the others? If they were so displeased with having to write and direct shows that were not in character with lifeblood of MillenniuM, dont you think they would have gone to Carter and said something? It appears that everyone was culpable by complicity. But again, these are only questions that have come up because one person likes one season more than another. Its all good, its only by perception do we draw our distinctions..

4th Horseman...

Yep, I guess we can sum it all up by saying "to each his own", and I agree, it IS all good, and the more I watch all three seasons, the more they blend together as one great project with ups and downs (mostly ups) as opposed to favorite seasons, writers, etc. I hate to repeat myself yet again, but every time this subject comes up, season 3 draws even closer to S1 and S2 in my mind. I look at the episode guide and every season is loaded with some great ones.

• 2 months later...
Guest Smilla Jespersen
forget Morgan and Wong, i wanna interview Kristen Cloke

Kristen's married to Morgan so don't think that that will work.

Incidently Kristen's last work was writing and directing a play called "Nice Tits"

Very apt

Guest Smilla Jespersen

Don't really think they ruined the franchise more like took it in a new direction.

You can only write so much about serial killers b4 it gets boring.

As for Catherine....being separated from Frank makes it hard to work her into the plot plus Jordan had begun to take a larger role and custody issues blah blah blah would make that difficult. Jordan needed to be with Frank as she was the new female lead. I would really like to know why M&W left. Anybody have any ideas?

Guest ZeusFaber
You can only write so much about serial killers b4 it gets boring.

Far mroe than just serial killers going on in Season 1.

See: "Gehenna", "The Judge", "The Well-Worn Lock", "Force Majuere", "Lamentation", "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions"...

I would really like to know why M&W left. Anybody have any ideas?

When they were contracted to become showrunners at the start of the season, they knew going in that they'd be leaving by the end of it. It was a one-year deal.