The Future is William

Rate this topic

In the last season or 2 of the X-Files, the open credits depicted an adolescent boy, just be fore the final "mountain/The Truth Is Out There" scene.  When I first saw this, I wondered if this was supposed to be a future image of Skully's child, that would eventual be named William.  I think I have only ever discussed this with 2 other people, who, after I mentioned it, thought it might be a possibility.

The reason I speculate about this is because of the special significance of Williams DNA, and the Aliens being there to witness his birth, etc.  It was often indicated that there was some important significance to Williams genetics, and perhaps his role in the future.  So, that is why I speculated that that image was him in the future.

I was wondering if this occured to anyone else, or if, now that I mention it - do you think this might be the case?  Or does anyone know anything of what the producers/writers/crew had to say about it?  Any inside info "out there"?

Guest MSandt

I puke everytime someone mentions that little devilspawn so please - don't. The whole idea about this world-saving-new-Christ was so ridiculous that I don't even want to speculate his possibly future. The best thing for the whole mankind would be to throw that little boy to a trashcan in some alley. And even that wouldn't be enough. Baby William should be sliced & diced into tiny pieces and shipped to Super Soldiers who could then eat that little son of a ***** (literally - Scully obviously had a relationship with an alien).

Was there a question? Oh yeah sorry. My answer - Well I didn't think about that before this but now I think that the boy in the credits might have got something to do with that tiny b*******.

"You're gonna give yourself a coronary!"

Sorry to mention the "W" word... but... to answer Scott's question....

I'm afraid I did not notice the boy in the opening credits as you described.  I only noticed the baby boy in the 8th season.

I did notice how they assosiated him with the image of the planet, so I do see what you mean about him being The Future.  Even the episode where he was born... seemed to indicate that he was some kind of Second Comming.  The refference to the star, being born in some strange building, having to run and find a safe place to give birth to the baby, people comming to witness the birth, even the "3 Wise men" bringing gifts at the end!

Just my observations... please don't Crucify me! :praying_big:

Guest MSandt
I hated that symbolism they tried to reach in Existence. It was so far away from the symbolism we saw in episodes like One Breath. It was so disgusting. Virgin Scully and her Joseph - since when Carter became so religious? Another reason to crucify Christianity :angryred:

Guest Justa Fan

Sharp eyes Psycho!

I always thought that it was William in the

revamped opening credits. I wouldn't be

surprised if William was the "next generation"

to Fight The Future!  New Threat?  New Hero!

However, I have friends who feel that it's

John Doggett's murdered son.  

:thinking_big:

You are making a real good point here, Scott. Just last week me and a friend watched The Truth of the The X-Files (last episode) and told me that she always wondered who that kid from the new opening titles might be. I had no clue either.

The future might in fact be William.

Too bad the series is no more. Good that we can have it on DVD.

Guest MSandt

I wouldn't be surprised if William was the "next generation"

to Fight The Future!  New Threat?  New Hero!

I HOPE A DEAD HERO ASAP!!!

Too bad the series is no more. Good that we can have it on DVD.

Too bad? Would you have wanted to keep watching that crap they threw at us during the last two seasons? I can't stop hating CC for what he did.

Guest Justa Fan

Too bad? Would you have wanted to keep watching that crap they threw at us during the last two seasons? I can't stop hating CC for what he did.

MSandt,

Well...yep... I would want to watch two more

years of that Crap!

I think one of the best episodes EVER produced

was "Release."  The end scene with the spreading

of Luke's ashes into the ocean was almost too painful

to watch.  Similar to Mulder's "closure" with the knowledge

of what happened to Samantha.

Yeah...I could handle two more years of that!

:alien:

YES! :yes_big:  I thought "Release" was excellent as well!  On many levels!!!! :thumbsup_big:  The oceon schene did a lot for me as well.  I think it was a pitty that it got cut off, just as we were getting to know John and learning to tolerate Monica!  (LOL)  "They could realy have something together."