If Millennium was still going today as a series?

Rate this topic

voidprime

In the movie, they didn't quite go lovey-dovey, but it showed how close they were without going to the extremes of they kissing (or having sex or having a baby).  They were bonded as friends/partners.  Scully would follow Mulder in his quest and Mulder would go anywhere to save Scully.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
In the movie, they didn't quite go lovey-dovey, but it showed how close they were without going to the extremes of they kissing (or having sex or having a baby).  They were bonded as friends/partners.  Scully would follow Mulder in his quest and Mulder would go anywhere to save Scully.

Except for the whole bee scene.  That was what I was talking about.  I also think that the Sixth Extinction two-parter was a really good one, closeness-wise.  It has the "my constant, my touchstone" speech.  Plus, Scully says that Fowley was murdered.  Music.

On the other hand, neither Frank, nor Lara would or could ever be as high-brow idealistic as Mulder/Scully. Not after the viral outbreak and the scarier and scarier visions for Lara Means, not after season 3 for Frank Black.

Frank/Catherine affair was close, but there was very little powdered sugar plus flavoring on top. It shouldn't happen in a relationship with Lara Means, either. I mean, just think about it "Here's my thing: ... that's a dead end for a smoochy scene.

I'd think this would have made the affair more of an adult thing... I don't think Frank/Lara would have lived together under the same roof -- both are too independent for that and it is fathomable that Frank wouldn't have gotten over Catherine's death to that extent.

But who knows, with constant ratings we might have seen a half B&W / half polarized flashback episode of Frank & Lara's honeymoon "just to add flavor and to cater to those who fell for the Mulder/Scully affair". And, (gasp!) this in the critical mid-point of the season...

Things do change when you're freshly in love, so why not, there might have been half a season of a constantly smiling Lance Henriksen to be seen. (After which the build-up to the season finale would have required the castles of sand to start crumbling on the tide...)

Frank/Catherine affair was close, but there was very little powdered sugar plus flavoring on top. It shouldn't happen in a relationship with Lara Means, either. I mean, just think about it "Here's my thing: ... that's a dead end for a smoochy scene.

I'd think this would have made the affair more of an adult thing... I don't think Frank/Lara would have lived together under the same roof -- both are too independent for that and it is fathomable that Frank wouldn't have gotten over Catherine's death to that extent.

But who knows, with constant ratings we might have seen a half B&W / half polarized flashback episode of Frank & Lara's honeymoon "just to add flavor and to cater to those who fell for the Mulder/Scully affair". And, (gasp!) this in the critical mid-point of the season...

Things do change when you're freshly in love, so why not, there might have been half a season of a constantly smiling Lance Henriksen to be seen. (After which the build-up to the season finale would have required the castles of sand to start crumbling on the tide...)

Uh Oh.  I can see some of that while the honeymoon episode flashback just plain scares me.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek

Uh Oh.  I can see some of that while the honeymoon episode flashback just plain scares me.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

LOL!  Me too.  That'd be the day that I dropped over in a dead faint of not-goodness.  And a constantly smiling Frank?  Ugh.  Sounds a little too Rocket McGrane for my tastes.

LOL!  Me too.  That'd be the day that I dropped over in a dead faint of not-goodness.  And a constantly smiling Frank?  Ugh.  Sounds a little too Rocket McGrane for my tastes.

:laugh_big:  :rofl:

At least we agree on something.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Two points:

1)  By the dog, regardless of if you're a shipper or not, Scully giving her baby away is entirely out of character.  Thanks a lot to the unhappy jerk that penned that episode (David Duchovny).  It's not enough that he has to whine and complain and take the entire show down with him, but then he has to ruin Scully's character only weeks before the "happy" couple is reunited.  Doh!  Can I have my baby back?  1013 should have never relocated to L.A., and Millenium should have been given three more seasons to bring its story arcs to a proper conclusion in Vancouver.

At least take solace in the fact that D.D. has done absolutely nothing since he left the X-Files (XIII notwithstanding).

2) A Frank & Lara romantic relationship would never work.  Sorry, Lara fans, but there's a reason why she was led of in a straight jacket at the end of season 2.  The chemistry just wasn't there.  Besides, Frank would need someone to complement his strengths and weanesses, not some needy, co-dependent psycho [All right, that's a bit harsh, but I'm on a roll here].  Frank needs a woman who can anchor him like Katherine did, someone "who kept him sane" in the words of Andy McLaren.

Perhaps when Scully is finished wasting her time with a putz she'll want to shack up with a real man: Frank Black! :devil01:

Guest LauraKrycek

1)  By the dog, regardless of if you're a shipper or not, Scully giving her baby away is entirely out of character.  Thanks a lot to the unhappy jerk that penned that episode (David Duchovny).

Ditto.  I thought that was stupid.  Plus, the supersoldiers would still be able to find the baby, since they could find anyone; she just wouldn't know\be able to protect him.  Stoo-pid.

At least take solace in the fact that D.D. has done absolutely nothing since he left the X-Files (XIII notwithstanding).

Unfortunately, that's not true.  He's been in a couple of movies over those couple of years (he was in "Zoolander", for example, though I never saw it), and he's got like three more movies in production right now.  But he's not a very good actor, other than that one character.

Sorry, Lara fans, but there's a reason why she was led of in a straight jacket at the end of season 2.  The chemistry just wasn't there.  Besides, Frank would need someone to complement his strengths and weanesses, not some needy, co-dependent psycho [All right, that's a bit harsh, but I'm on a roll here].  

Yeah, that's a little harsh.  I always liked Lara.  But I totally support their not being together.  And as far as this goes:

Perhaps when Scully is finished wasting her time with a putz she'll want to shack up with a real man: Frank Black! :devil01:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

David Duchovny directed a movie lately (don't know the name of the movie).  My question is "What has Gillian Anderson been doing lately on the acting front?".

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S.  let's hook Frank Black up with Monica Reyes.

:rofl:  :rofl:

Guest LauraKrycek
David Duchovny directed a movie lately (don't know the name of the movie).  My question is "What has Gillian Anderson been doing lately on the acting front?".

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S.  let's hook Frank Black up with Monica Reyes.

:rofl:  :rofl:

On Gillian:  not much.  An apparently unsuccessful play, "What the Night is For", in London for a few months last winter.  As far as movies, nothing since "House of Mirth".

And for Frank and Monica:  please God no! :cry:  :angry:  :arguing: