If Millennium was still going today as a series?

Rate this topic

voidprime

I don't think Frank would be "discouraging" Jordan, per se... he would try to help her to understand her gift and know how to manipulate it so that she could lead as normal a life as possible, though.  He wouldn't want to do to her what his father tried to do to him, especially knowing first-hand, unlike his father, everything that she'll see\feel\experience.

Well, yes, you're probably right.  I was just remembering that Frank was so desperate for her not to suffer with it like he did, that he let himself be a human guene pig (lab rat), talking Proloft, just to try to find a "cure".  But, he did change his mind by the end...So....

One casualty of the premature cancellation of MilleniuM is never properly finding out what happened to The Group during and after the beginning of the 21st century.  All we learned in the X-Files' "MilleniuM" is Skinner's summation about how The Group "disbanded" shortly before the new year.

I find that utterly impossible to believe; The Group's roots go back at least as far as the early Christian church--and shortly before the Apocalypse they quietly dissolve into nothing, with only a handful of zombies to enact their long-awaited endgame?  Rubbish--don't forget you kosher salt!

I really miss seeing the Roosters and Owls interpret the events of the last two years, from their own perspective and to their own advantage.  Also (in addition to the Jordan story arcs discussed above) we have been robbed of seeing Emma Hollis's work within the FBI on The Group's behalf, not unlike Skinner's forced handiwork for the Cigarette Smoking Man and Alex Krycek.

The only alternative we have is to reform The Group ourselves and remake the world as we see fit.

This is who we are! :Ouro_Large:

Guest Dr. Stephen Kiley
:Ouro_Large: Maybe the show could go this way - Frank still longing for his Katherine takes off across country with Jordan, looking for the answers to the mysteries of evil. Along the way he (and Jordan) find horrible deaths that on the surface seem normal, but Frank can tell there is some evil behind them. He must resolve/destroy the evil in hopes that it will bring him closer to Catherine. (Meanwhile he finds and falls for Laura Means but the relationship is strained because of her bizarre visions). While investigating the crimes on his own, he has periodic run in's with what is left of the millennium group and Emma Hollis. The have evolved into a strange cultish organization trying to harness the power of evil. The premise could go on that something else huge is building, and each episode Frank uncovers a little piece of what is in store for the earth.

Doc Kiley's plot has a good twist to it! Like it.

Now, The Group itself... I'd think what caused the Group's "dissolving" (why didn't AD Skinner keep shut about that thing) must have been a highly visible incident, perhaps half-averted by or even instigated by The Group. The event would have had to have been of such a caliber as to force The Group *again* to go underground, sever most ties with Gov't agencies around the planet and go into a kind of soul-searching for survival period with purges of "unfit" members etc. This would even leave The Group's true nature (good, evil, or something else) in the dark to please and tickle the imagination of all viewers...

So there'd be an official, if behind the scenes fall from grace and the internal turbulence reaching its high-point (though not as the intriguing owls/roosters thing, but something deeper). Frequent flashbacks to parts of the high-profile incident -- perhaps a major disaster preceding the WTC attacks, a failure to help with the almost forgotten old "Y2K bug", bribery on a massive scale or so...

We'd know then what becomes of Peter Watts as well... I'd cast him as a survivor of this turmoil, part of the new, forced underground, Millennium Group.

Would he be contacting Frank, Jordan, and the now-outta-mental-asylum Lara Means.

(Let's add a past to all of our main characters... "the lost years" ...Good for the flashbacks).

:Ouro_Large:

Guest LauraKrycek
Hmmm.

:thinking_big:

A Frank Black/ Lara Means love afair.  Interesting.

Aaah no!  I mean, sure, they had some kind of chemistry going on, but Frank loves *Catherine*!  Catherine!