If Millennium was still going today as a series?

Rate this topic

voidprime

Guest LauraKrycek

We could do worse and have Frank black hook up with Diane fowley.

I think Monica would be just as bad\worse.  I'd die at either.

Guest LauraKrycek
Do we really need to have Scully yelling Frank's name all the time when they get into some dark place and get seperated?

LOL!  Hey, I wouldn't mind that.  It'd be weird, though, because chances are she'd have to call him by his first name, unlike just about every single character on XF.  Otherwise it'd be "Black... BLAAAACK!"

LOL!  Hey, I wouldn't mind that.  It'd be weird, though, because chances are she'd have to call him by his first name, unlike just about every single character on XF.  Otherwise it'd be "Black... BLAAAACK!"

That's the diif between the two shows.

In XF, everyone calls each other usually by their last name except Reyes which everyone calls Monica and Doggett is sometimes known by John.

In Millennium, lots of people are known by their first name.

be seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
That's the diif between the two shows.

In XF, everyone calls each other usually by their last name except Reyes which everyone calls Monica and Doggett is sometimes known by John.

In Millennium, lots of people are known by their first name.

I still think of her as Reyes, though.  Everyone's last-named... Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Krycek, Frohike, Langly, Byers, Doggett, Kersh... only semi-main character not last-named that I can think of is Marita Covarrubias, who was referred to as Marita, but who I always double-name.

Besides, Frank would need someone to complement his strengths and weanesses, not some needy, co-dependent psycho

But isn't that exactly why it's possible? For me personally, Lara's and Frank's shared harsh experiences could just barely make it possible. The "co-dependendent psycho" aspect would fit the overall MM feel. Wounded people, wounded times, plenty of endings and none happy...

No consolation for Frank in the future, either, then. Save for Jordan... for a time (until she's in her teen years).

CUT TO:

On the other hand, all of the XF characters... are too much from a different world. But of course, if the show had ran it's course: nobody here thought of Frank *once again* joining the ranks of the FBI... (I don't think so, but that would bring him back on the trail of the underground Millennium Group -- if the Feds were to investigate The Group, Frank would be a prime candidate to hire -- even with his past)

DISSOLVE TO:

Ah, but what would have been worst? Who would have written and directed the honeymoon episode? DD of course. How many crossovers would we have seen? (Stop, I say to myself, "all these XF crossovers pain me" .)

FADE TO WHITE:

So here's a thought: where would Frank be living and working these days (even if he's a roving freelance..........)

Here's something I see happening in one of the other 1013 shows, say around MM season 5 midpoint.

Scene set in a club or bar. Main characters enter the place on a mission (which ever one). The band plays on, and on the bass-drum there's the name "Frank & Blackettes".

Guest amnesic
Besides, Frank would need someone to complement his strengths and weanesses, not some needy, co-dependent psycho [All right, that's a bit harsh, but I'm on a roll here].  Frank needs a woman who can anchor him like Katherine did, someone "who kept him sane" in the words of Andy McLaren.

that's kinda insulting, especially given that the character of frank black was himself incredibly fragile. frank had a family to help him through his first breakdown, lara means only had frank and only broke when incredible pressure had been put on her over a long period of time.

Actually, a Frank & Lara relationship could possibly work, provided that Jordan was older to anchor Frank from falling back into the abyss.  Somehow I don't see Jordan as having as tough of a time dealing with her gifts as either her father or Lara, for that matter.  And who knows--perhaps Lara returns much stronger and centered in response to her near-death experience at the end of Season 2.

Alas, we will never know... but it's enjoyable to ponder the possibilities with fellow Group members! :xmas_ouro: