If Millennium was still going today as a series?

Rate this topic

voidprime

I was watching the show THREAT MATRIX last night (a Millenniumistic show in some regards) and it got me thinking on how the show MILLENNIUM would be like if it still existed today and was going into a 7th season by now.   I wonder if Frank Black would be consulting for Homeland Security or working for them.   I think Homeland Security would be more of a force in MILLENNIUM than it ever was in the X-FILES (even though it would have been interesting to have homeland Security involved episodes that connected to teh alien mythology on the X-FILES).      

So where do you think the show MILLENNIUM would be at if the show continued until today and was currently in it's 7th season?   What would Frank Black be doing?   Would Emma still be with the FBI or would she be at Homeland Security?   How would the Millennium group figure into Homeland Security?

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest Second Coming
That's a very interesting thought. Somehow I just don't see Frank chasing Muslim extremists or other terrorists. I could see it for a few episodes or an overall arc with references throughout the season. But I can't see that being what Millennium is all about. Who knows though, the writers may have dealt with it in a unique way. Guess we'll never know. I for one would like to know how they would have dealt with nothing happening at the end of the MillenniuM.

That's a very interesting thought. Somehow I just don't see Frank chasing Muslim extremists or other terrorists. I could see it for a few episodes or an overall arc with references throughout the season. But I can't see that being what Millennium is all about. Who knows though, the writers may have dealt with it in a unique way. Guess we'll never know. I for one would like to know how they would have dealt with nothing happening at the end of the MillenniuM.

My thoughts exactly~

It's always possible that they might have begun to incorperate the whole 12-20-2012 thing, like was mentioned in The X Files.  It's the day the Myan calander stops, so it would have been interesting to see what they might have done with that.

~Raven Wolf

Well, human cultures are replete with all kinds of prophesies that they no doubt somehow tie into the events of the years since MLM went off the air.  So, I am sure the MLM writers would find subtle ways to bring these prophesies into the series.  I think that Emma and Frank would be working together again, with Emma becoming a much stronger character, and there would be a shift in the mentor-mentoree relationship with Frank.  I think they would be more like equals, with Emma having truly come-in to her own gifts and abilities.  I also think that Jordan would be playing an even bigger role.  I would sort of see her realizing that she would have huge role and destiny to play in this new millennium.  I also see the Owls resurfacing in the form of a legit scientific inquiry consultancy.... at least on the surface.

Thats just a few of my thoughts on the subject.

Excellent topic, David!

I'm definitely agreeing with the idea of Jordan becoming an increasingly important character, with more exploration of her apparent gift (and curse) she's 'inherited' from her Father.  Millennium is too people based to become centred around terrorist activities.  Can't see Frank doing the Bruce Willis thing.

Frank has sacrificed almost everything due to his work; his wife has been murdered, he's had a nervous breakdown and almost lost Jordan due to his obsessiveness.  He'd need a good reason to continue his work.  The only thing, only person he cares about now is Jordan, and so I see it that he'd continue working for the FBI as a profiler for her sake.  To protect her.  Maybe he'd further his research into what his gift is, to see if it can be 'cured'?  I doubt he'd want Jordan to follow the same path he has.

Maybe there'd be a spin-off series, 'Jordan:  The Teenage Profiler'  They'd have to make Brittany Tiplady look a lot older or hire a new actress; she'd be solving violent crimes in her school, while juggling all the problems an average psychic teenager faces and wondering how it is that despite several kids being brutally murdered every week, there's a never ending supply of fresh-faced, good-looking eager students.  (Where's the tongue-in-cheek Smilie face?)

I wonder how popular Millennium would be if it had run a six or seven season course?  The X-files ratings slid in the last few seasons and drew harsh criticism from fans and press alike.  However, the Original Series of Star Trek was axed after just 3 seasons, but is still going strong after 4 decades, several films and 6 different series (I included the animated series - is that cheating?)  Maybe by cutting Millennium short when it was going strong, it has retained popularity amongst it fans as we remember it for being a quality TV programme.  We might not all be here, supporting Millennium on TIWWA had it carried on for several more years.  Perhaps it was for the best . . . ?     (Though an extra season/film would have been nice . . . )

Guest amnesic
I don't know, I think the idea of a teenage "profiler" is actually quite patronising. It would be interesting to have seen whether Frank would have ushered Jordan towards working as an investigator (either through working with the police or help lost people find themselves) or tried to deter her from it

I was just kidding with the Teenage profiler business, stealing a page from Sabrina and Buffy there!  I think that Frank would have discouraged Jordan from persuing a similar career, given the stress it's caused him, not to mention the death of his wife and close friend.

I was just kidding with the Teenage profiler business, stealing a page from Sabrina and Buffy there!  I think that Frank would have discouraged Jordan from persuing a similar career, given the stress it's caused him, not to mention the death of his wife and close friend.

I agree that Frank would probably be discouraging Jorden from using her "gift", and that might have been a whole other sub-plot.  Her getting drawn into situations that called for her unique abilities, and her wrestling with doing what her father wanted her to do, or doing what she felt was right.

:thinking_big: Might have been interesting.....

Guest LauraKrycek
I agree that Frank would probably be discouraging Jorden from using her "gift", and that might have been a whole other sub-plot.  Her getting drawn into situations that called for her unique abilities, and her wrestling with doing what her father wanted her to do, or doing what she felt was right.

:thinking_big: Might have been interesting.....

I don't think Frank would be "discouraging" Jordan, per se... he would try to help her to understand her gift and know how to manipulate it so that she could lead as normal a life as possible, though.  He wouldn't want to do to her what his father tried to do to him, especially knowing first-hand, unlike his father, everything that she'll see\feel\experience.